News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Anybody wants a free brand new in box TPS sensor?UPDATE:GONE

Started by haroldo_psf, September 30, 2010, 12:30:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haroldo_psf

A month or so ago I ordered this throttle position sensor from Triumph. 60 dollars part. After a month, they told me they have no clue when it's coming in, as Triumph UK could not give them an ETA (not dealers fault). I then canceled  the order, and ordered it from a web site in England called WorldOfTriumph.com

In the mean time between me canceling and ordering from England, the dealer called saying that the part was in the US and should arrive in a day or so. I told them I didn't want it. So they ate the cost and shipped the part back to their warehouse.

I ordered a few items from this site in the UK before, but for whatever reason, this time, the package got lost, and I called UK this morning, they said they need another week to make sure the package is lost before refunding me.

I then called the dealer again, begging them for their forgiveness , and had them re-order the part and this time they expedited the shipment and told me this time the order was final.

And of course, our friend Murphy and his law were right again. This second re-order with the dealer happened at 11 am this morning, and at 3pm this afternoon, the lost package from UK arrived. Son of a mother f$@#@er!

So, in essence, I paid twice for the same part, and also paid for international shipping from UK, and expedite shipping from Georgia.

This thing better fix my running issues.

Ok, if anyone has a real need for a TPS sensor part number T1290500, I will give you the damned thing for free, you just pay shipping.

This is for a 2000 tiger 885i, but it might be the same sensor for other models.

PS: Please, only request this if you really need it for some issue for your bike. Don't just get it for the hell of it.
2000 Tiger 885i

KuzzinKenny

Ah !! our friend Murphy !! i'm sure i know his kuzzin, Sod !!  :lol:

hope it fixes yer problem !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Spud

Yep those Murphy's are bast..d  :D  get you every time. Been subject to this law all my life. My mom strickley adhered to this rule when I was a kid especially when she was thrashing us :oops:

cheers Spud (Murphy) :wink:

haroldo_psf

hooligan99 got it. Thanks.
2000 Tiger 885i

hooligan971

haroldo, Did this fall through ? I'm not sure if you got my pm's after the first one, but I need to order one soon. My problems were not the IACV as I suspected so from the looks of things it might be the TPS so please let me know.
  Thanks,
       Patrick
99 Tiger
61 Bonneville
88 KZ1000p
66 Tiger
06 Monster (sold)

haroldo_psf

Quote from: "hooligan971"haroldo, Did this fall through ? I'm not sure if you got my pm's after the first one, but I need to order one soon. My problems were not the IACV as I suspected so from the looks of things it might be the TPS so please let me know.
  Thanks,
       Patrick

Hey,

Like I told you in my last PM, when I went to pick it up at the dealer that Friday, the part number on the bag didn't match the part number it should be. I did not take the TPS, even though it looked identical. They sent it back, and will work on getting the right part with the right label this time.

It took me over a month to get the first one here, so, if you are in a hurry, don't count on this and go ahead and order it.

I didn't know this at the time when I ordered from my dealer, but www.worldoftriumph.com has these in stock, and they do NOT mess up part numbers. I got mine from them, and it was the correct part they shipped me.
2000 Tiger 885i

hooligan971

No huge rush, just wasn't sure if you were still going to get one sent back to you. I am ordering a few other things and going to do a full service anyway but it'll be a few weeks before I have the time or parts. So just let me know if everything works out. Also, have you ever ordered OEM parts through Bike Bandit ? They seem to have everything else I need, but haven't compared prices yet.
  Thanks   :D
99 Tiger
61 Bonneville
88 KZ1000p
66 Tiger
06 Monster (sold)

haroldo_psf

Quote from: "hooligan971"No huge rush, just wasn't sure if you were still going to get one sent back to you. I am ordering a few other things and going to do a full service anyway but it'll be a few weeks before I have the time or parts. So just let me know if everything works out. Also, have you ever ordered OEM parts through Bike Bandit ? They seem to have everything else I need, but haven't compared prices yet.
  Thanks   :D

I only ordered Triumph parts from Bike bandit once, and won't do it again. They have a generic 3 weeks lead time on all Triumph parts.

From now on I get my stuff at World of Triumph. They have had everything I needed so far.

Like the TPS, IACV, and crank shaft sensor which I just received today, it arrived withing 4 or 5 days.

It took 3 weeks for me to get a side stand from bike bandit. They say it on the Trimph parts locator page, there is a warning statement there that all Triumph parts have a 3 weeks lead time. I'd rather just order from the local dealer in that case, at least you save the shipping.
2000 Tiger 885i