News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Center Stand ??

Started by ua99003, October 19, 2010, 02:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ua99003

Just installed a SW-Motech center stand on my 06 Girly. Installation was fast and easy. After completion I put the bike up on the center stand and noticed a slight lean to the right. I put a 1/2" piece of plywood under that side and raised the bike back up on stand. Perfectly level !!! This is my second stand from them (had one on my Wee Strom) and it did not have that problem. I was wundering if any of you had this stand installed and notice same problem. I will probably weld a small piece of metal to the base to correct the problem. Thanks

Timbox2

ummm, funny that, Ive got the OE centre stand and Im sure mine leans a little to right too  :?
2016 Tiger Sport

2004Tiger

Quote from: "Timbox2"ummm, funny that, Ive got the OE centre stand and Im sure mine leans a little to right too  :?
Me three.
2004 Tiger. Black is beautiful. If I don\'t ride a little every day I get a little crazy.

ChazzyB

Quote from: "Timbox2"ummm, funny that, Ive got the OE centre stand and Im sure mine leans a little to right too  :?

Yunno, mine does too! I always thought mine did 'cos I cut'n'shut 2cm off each leg and must've screwed up.  :P
Charles
1971 BSA A65L Lightning
1953 AJS 18S

iansoady

I wish you lot wouldn't keep posting things that make me go down to the garage to check....

......puff puff puff

.......  mine sits dead level as shown by a spirit level on the tank cap. I too have shortened it by exactly equal amounts on both sides. Maybe they were getting the stand right by the time they made mine (last of the spoked wheel bikes).
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650