News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Hi! (Need technical support)

Started by Hassan, October 24, 2010, 12:35:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

You know I know it sounds nit picking,but having relooked at the photo posted,is the bike stock??,I see the tank and body work are black,they never made a black 885i,so if the photo is original,someone had been messing about with it,and what else??

Or is it Blue?? and I'm barking up the wrong tree,but Bob the early 955's are the same as that.

And surely in this kind of situation,how far away is a dealer.

Hassan

Thanks for all replies.

@Ian,

I've left my bike to an older mechanic I know for years,
He told me that the bike needs a complete IACV system with pipes and also the sensors...

And the bike ****ed up 15 spark plugs! :evil:

But the bike seriously "bursts" away the gas away from the exhoust,
I mean it feels like over compressed...

@Chris,

It ain't my bike I just found the picture in website...

So,

I'm affraid to buy many parts for nothing,so I just want to be sure if someone has similiar symptoms...

For example;
What if the bike has a bad workin' ECU??
After spending a thousand euros,it couldn't be nice to hear...

I just want to be sure and order parts in one package that's all...

Just becouse I live far away from the land I can find parts locally,
And sadly here we got no Triumph service to plug the bike into machine.
\'99 885i

Bixxer Bob

You don't need Triumph to look into the ECU, read the sticky on TuneECU and do it yourself.

A spare ECU can be had for around £90 (dunno what that is in Turkey money).  I doubt it's what you need but if you decide to go that way, you can fit any Triumph SAGEM 1000 (from Speed triple, Daytona etc) and use TuneECU to blow in the right map.  Don't be scared, we'll help ya!!
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

NKL

I think the first step should be Tune ECU and cable, costs virtually nothing in the great scheme of things and may tell you all you need to know (fault codes) what tune it has and you also always have it for any other time.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

Hassan

Thanks guys,I'll try that software first.

Cheers.
\'99 885i

Bixxer Bob

PM me if you get stuck!
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Hassan

Hi again

I'm sure that my bike is running at pump pressure,haven't checked the relays yet but found something;

When I deattach the bottom o-ring of the regulator fuel line pressure goes down and the engine stops.

I've pressed on the return hose a little and find the spot,bike gone just normal (no black smoke)

Can someone tell me where is the fuel pressure regulator need connected to?

As U know,this part (fuel pressure regulator) works similiar to a valve...
When air comes in (or out I don't know) It opens itself and lets the fuel back to the gastank and lowers the fuel pressure...

So...

I've solved half of the problem right now...

I've heard there is a vacuum line...

The question is simple,Where do I need to plug that thing?
\'99 885i

Bixxer Bob

Sorry mate, I can'y help as mine's an 05.  Someone will be along shortly though...

TigerTrax

Hassan...
One thing most of us know about the Tiger is that rarely is one 'bad';
Usually it's a common problem  or a bike has not been cared for well and allowed to 'build-up problems. I think that with a little patience you'll have those issues corrected one by one.

The '99 Tigers are pretty reliable. They were the first step in new body and FI, but there are many still being ridden today.

You are right... this forum has some folks that can help you. Sometimes it just takes another set of ears to 'turn on the light'....

Be patient.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

walker

I think it connects to your airbox. I'll check when I get home. I forget... the hose runs to the right hand side of the motor, under the fuel tank and connects somewhere over there. The hose wasn't more than 50cm long I think. I'll update the post once I look at mine.

Hassan

Thanks people,U know it's very hard to have an ultra-rare bike.

Firstly I wanted to make a digital check but my lovely ecu has a weird,huge and ugly connection cable,so I wasn't sure that it will fit a standart OBDII...

That's right,it's the first step of fuel injected tigers and only this model (1999) is using SAGEM S2000 T3...

Weird and big as an auto hi-fi amplifier!! :)

I'm adding a picture of the fuel pump regulator...

Thanks Walker.
\'99 885i

walker

yep - that's the one. It can be rotated as well... on the outside of the metal plate is a retaining clip or something holding it in place, the seal to the inside is through an O ring.

Those are strange looking fuel fittings. Probably a good alternative to the ones team triumph is selling.

John Stenhouse

Yep, pipe goes to the right hand side of the airbox, but I cannot remember wether it goes into the airbox or onto the vacuum tubes there. I think it's the airbox.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

John Stenhouse

Definitely the airbox, i think it's listed as 20 on here:

http://www.bikebandit.com/2000-triumph- ... #sch564376
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

walker

that's something for the barometric sensor.... the one that wraps around to the pressure regulator is #10 in that diagram.... I ordered that part to replace the one I had which was split.

From underneath the right side of the airbox, it routes down, then back over the fuel rail, then along the underside of the tank, to the side where you have the picture of your fuel fittings.