News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

broke my shock

Started by tyger, October 31, 2010, 02:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyger

Hagon wants to inspect it, but the email seemed to suggest it is a loss.

Sasquatch- since I have an 05 (additionally no original shock to rebuild) and the Hagon is a loss, do you have anything to work with to build me something? I filled out your form and am eagerly waiting to see what can be done since this is prime Texas riding weather that I am missing. :(
\'05 Tiger, BRG
tyger, tyger, burning bright...
What immortal hand or eye/ Could frame thy fearful symmetry? (W.Blake)

mat-tiger1

Quote from: "tyger"Hagon wants to inspect it, but the email seemed to suggest it is a loss.

Sasquatch- since I have an 05 (additionally no original shock to rebuild) and the Hagon is a loss, do you have anything to work with to build me something? I filled out your form and am eagerly waiting to see what can be done since this is prime Texas riding weather that I am missing. :(

Hi tyger,

you could try this one, might ship to US? (No connection)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Triumph-Tiger-885 ... 3cb2022854

Best of luck :thumbsup

Mat-tiger1
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

johnwesley

You could have the hagon repaired. Or better yet give it to me :D

tyger

John, if it's repairable I would definitely go that route for myself! At least for a spare as there is Nothing worse than being down for a long time like what I am expecting now and with good weather for riding... :( OK, obviously there are few things more worse than that, but not much!

I just tore through AR last week ahead/through the cold front. I think your roads did it to me. ;)
\'05 Tiger, BRG

Advwannabe

Coincidently, I noticed my Hagon cracking around the bottom mount on the weekend. Taking it out to give to my local suspension guy who has done some work on Hagons. He thinks he may be able to weld it. My shaft and bearing still appear to be rotating freely
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Advwannabe

Just an update, picking my shock up tomorrow after it was succesfuly welded, just in case you wanted to have a go
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

zombie2

Hagon blows
I'm on my second one and am going to replace it with a stocker that I'll have sasquatch rebuild for me.
In fact sasquatch has my first hagon
Their bargain for a reason in that their crap

Timbox2

Quote from: "zombie2"Hagon blows
I'm on my second one and am going to replace it with a stocker that I'll have sasquatch rebuild for me.
In fact sasquatch has my first hagon
Their bargain for a reason in that their crap

I didnt think the OE Girly shocks could be rebuilt, sure it was sasquatch that told us that
2016 Tiger Sport

zombie2

QuoteI didnt think the OE Girly shocks could be rebuilt, sure it was sasquatch that told us that

You are correct so I'm going to look at a hyper pro after the crimbo is over

Sasquatch

Quote from: "zombie2"
QuoteI didnt think the OE Girly shocks could be rebuilt, sure it was sasquatch that told us that

You are correct so I'm going to look at a hyper pro after the crimbo is over

I can hook you up with Hyperpro as well.

tyger

My Girly is TALL now.
I didn't realize how much the hagon had made it short.
It's easy to get it up on the center stand now instead of the back breaking effort it was before to get the rear the 14 inches up from where it was. And the side stand leans it way over-- this ought to make it easier to park on inclines, I always felt like it was a little too vertical on an incline.

I ended up taking it to a guy to remove the old one and get the new one in. It took him over 10 hours of labor as the bushing or sleeve had completely seized in the swingarm, thus leading to the break. I got chewed out for that, and for running the front tire at too low a pressure (36#), he recommends at least 38 and showed be some funny wear patterns on the relatively new tires. I could swear 36# was the factory recommendation....
I tried to keep that lower bushing on the shocked oiled but I never dropped it completely out to do so.
\'05 Tiger, BRG

zombie2

Glad it worked out for you , but there is no way to lubricate the hagon without removing it.
What brand is your new shock??
I'm going to go with a hyper pro from sasquatch

tyger

That's what I got. No opinion of it yet except I haven't found a mounting location for the preload adjuster that I am happy with. And I'm happy with it a little taller.

The adjuster is on the left side. The hose comes across the spring to get there- not sure if the shock had to face this way or if it could turn 180...

I fiddled with it on the exhaust side and I could hide the line better but I'm afraid that side would be too hot.
\'05 Tiger, BRG

Chris Canning

How the hell can you expect a man to lube his bottom shock bolt when he puts a photo up with rust on his chain, capital offence  :(

tyger

I knew I was going to get crap for that! :p
I was washing the bike after my 1600 mile trip, and I never finished the job when I discovered it was broken. After all, couldn't easily spin the back wheel on center stand when it's still on the ground.

I know, all that time waiting for delivery I should have finished the job. I just worked on other projects in disgust (made sawdust).
\'05 Tiger, BRG