News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2001 955i won't idle

Started by johnwesley, October 12, 2010, 12:51:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

My fuel pump makes a noise every time I fire her up if she's stood for more than a few minutes.  Blackbird does the same. It doesn't mean anything....

It ran ok after washing so that's probably not related. Mustang's the man who knows, I'd bite the bullet on valve clearance checks; they're are no big deal after the first time so you may as well pop your cherry now.  Plenty of info on here about how....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

outrunner

Bixxer Bob,

Off topic I know but on my run out today I met a Japanese 4x4, don't ask me which kind as they all look the same to me  :? The registration plate was B1 XER and I thought of you John!! :D
Every day above ground is a good day!

Bixxer Bob

:twisted: Imposter!!!

:ImaPoser
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

johnwesley

I have the bike at the Plano Texas dealer. Hope it's a good one. 1st time I've been to a dealer for help in years. Fuel injection just not a easy fix. 1st fuel injection bike and first one I can't fix on my own. Guess we'll see how it goes. Hope it's a fluke and I'll get many trouble free miles or I'll be back to what I can work on

haroldo_psf

Quote from: "johnwesley"I have the bike at the Plano Texas dealer. Hope it's a good one. 1st time I've been to a dealer for help in years. Fuel injection just not a easy fix. 1st fuel injection bike and first one I can't fix on my own. Guess we'll see how it goes. Hope it's a fluke and I'll get many trouble free miles or I'll be back to what I can work on

FI bikes are not rocket science. Typically, the ECU is never the problem.

With that rulled out, you have a plethora of sensors, actuators, harnesses, and others, which you can trouble shoot like any other system.

These are extremelly simple fuel injected motorcycles. If you start to learn about how they work, you will find out that you can work on them just like any other motorcycle.

You just have to dig into it and get over the initial learning hump.
2000 Tiger 885i

johnwesley

Hope your right.  I fairly good with automotive tbi systems. This is a little more complacated than that, but I just got the bike. You are right Ill ge use to it after Ive had it a while. Just frustrating right now. Seems that the temp sensor was unpluged and has been for a long time. Could be the water shorted it ..... Maybe, it's hooked back up now and well see I that was the only problem. Dealing with a funeral now so should know more next week. Thanks for the encouragement

cdubya

How's it coming johnwesley?  Hoping the dealer is taking good, honest care of you.
06 Girly

johnwesley

He did good. Runs great and they even adjust the kick stand. Nice place. I'm now back in the saddle and working on a skid plate

Bixxer Bob

Did he say what was wrong?

johnwesley

It was a temp switch that was unplugged.  They said that it had been unplugged for awhile. Not sure why it acted up after a washing and why it ran well on the trip before. He did say the bad gas milage I had on a few tanks was because of the sensor. Why it wasn't constant I do not know.  It must have been unplugged when I got it and maybe why it was so cheap.  Either way it is running good and I like it a lot. Seems to be a good cross between my zrx and klr

cdubya

Good to hear it was an easy fix and you are back on the road!
06 Girly