News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Leaky fuel Taps

Started by R0B, August 22, 2010, 10:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "GavD"... Only question left is whether when I gas it, it can keep up with how fast the float bowls are being drained...

Even in the UK I don't think it would be a problem.  If I can refer you back to when my throttle jammed a couple of years back, I had a wide open full throttle for only a few seconds and I was well into 3 figures mph-wise.  I don't think there is anywhere where you can stay on the gas long enough to drain the bowls if they're getting any fuel at all.  

I suppose you could start the bike, turn the fuel off, and then rag it as much as you can- roads allowing - until you run out of gas in the bowls just to see how long it takes.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

NeilD

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob".......... until you run out of gas in the bowls just to see how long it takes.

in my experience, as long as it takes for - start-up, leave running whilst putting on helmet/gloves, ride out of village (at 30 mph) then its just as you open up for the NSL sign 1/2 mile from home..   :oops:  :D

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

97tiger885

A quick and dirty fix is to insert a valve in the gas line between the tap and the carbs.   That is how my mc came.  I replaced the valve with a fuel filter, but if my tap starts to leak, I plan to reinsert the valve.  Cheap and easy.

NeilD

Quote from: "GavD"OK,

Just drained a litre through the new petcock in 95 seconds.....

finally got round to draining my fuel tank...
...discovered I didnt have anything in the house with a second-hand so using the '1001, 1002,' method, I reckon its about 65 seconds on a standard tap to flow 1 litre..