News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

YAPI - noobie

Started by BruKen, March 23, 2010, 11:22:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

thats comin along nicey mate :D altho i am gutted. i decided that you n me was havin a race to see hows gets started first. i lot :( :lol: keep up the good work mate.  8)
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

BruKen

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"That is pretty decent looking for a rattle can job Ken, interested to see how it stands up on the street.

Quote from: "BruKen"It should hold up well enough. I used a high heat engine enamel (not ultra high heat) and as I have a compressor these were not done with a rattle can (it's not the spray job that sucks but the eroded subject. I thought it prudent to remove the corrosion but not over polish it down to a smooth base at the expense of wall thickness and strength). What you see is only the first coat, I will put at least one more on. If I don't get at least 3 years before it blemishes I will be disappointed.

5000 miles later

only the header pipes have lost their lustre

Mustang

dave NL

Looks really good, read the whole thread! Black is a good colour too!

Nice Job!  :notworthy
Getting the tiger back on the road.

Bixxer Bob

+1!  that looks fantastic Ken.  I've said before that I think the Steamer looks far more purposeful than the Girly.  Might have to look round for a cheap one as a project...

Like I need another project  :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

BruKen

Thanks guys. With the onset of the cold snap I have missed her a bit and when the opportunity to go out for a quick blast it rekindled the love affair. She may have issues laden as a long haul tourer with weave as discussed, but as a weekend sports tourer she is fantastic. Nimble, quick and extremely comfortable. I did her as a project because she was available, but I can see why she has such a loyal fan base.

Mustang

Quote from: "BruKen"..............but I can see why she has such a loyal fan base.

It's the absolute best all around any road type motorcycle ,I have ever owned .

It's big , it's comfy , it goes like hell , does nothing perfectly but can do anything ! :D