News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Triumph screw up

Started by Brit/Man, January 24, 2011, 07:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brit/Man

This is how thay were going to fix my bike and that for a Triumph work shop hard to believe  :roll: , I just hope the 2nd hand cam`s OK
So you all know why my english is so bad, I faild my 11+(WGAF) but I'am doing OK in life :-)

I`am to old too die young.

Don`t dream of the past,
Don`t dwell on the future,
Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift.

blacktiger

Quote from: "Brit/Man"This is how thay were going to fix my bike and that for a Triumph work shop hard to believe  :roll: , I just hope the 2nd hand cam`s OK

They've never heard of a Helicoil thread repair then?
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Brit/Man

Well had to go back to the shop as my baby had a leak, after two hour`s I got here back :)
So you all know why my english is so bad, I faild my 11+(WGAF) but I'am doing OK in life :-)

Don`t dream of the past,
Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift.

rybes

next time your in there check their changin room for stetsons n cowboy boots  :roll:
how far are you from the danish border ? i momved here jus before xmas. ill be visitin bergen in the summer so if ya up for a ride out let me know
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Brit/Man

HI, I Live km 20 south of Dortmund so if you come dowen drop me a line :D
Quote from: "rybes"next time your in there check their changin room for stetsons n cowboy boots  :roll:
how far are you from the danish border ? i momved here jus before xmas. ill be visitin bergen in the summer so if ya up for a ride out let me know

Don`t dream of the past,
Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift.

Brit/Man

Well she`s back in the garage as she still leaks :x

Don`t dream of the past,
Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift.

rybes

you wanna try jus seein if you can tighten up the jubilee clip. might be all it is

Brit/Man

Quote from: "rybes"you wanna try jus seein if you can tighten up the jubilee clip. might be all it is
Jup did that not to tight but not to slack, but as she did`nt have this prob
when I took her in the first time and this is the second leak check back to the root`s .  Did have a up side to it all I have now have my second Bonneville to ride :D free of cost from the shop :P

Don`t dream of the past,
Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift.

Brit/Man

Picked her up yestreday :D  , I`am setting off for the German TIGER meet up this weekend :D  and hope she`s OK

BFN JOE :D

Don`t dream of the past,
Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift.

metalguru

It seems unbelieveable to me that an 'engineer' can carry out a repair to the camshaft sprocket mounting and with no sign of a locking device/ threadlock, or at least peined so the nut does not move. Seems they could have cross threaded it at the stealers as if it was loose inside the engine it wouldn't be too long before you saw it milling its way from the inside out.!!! Let along the nut resting on an uneven surface, ( no grip).
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Brit/Man

Quote from: "metalguru"It seems unbelieveable to me that an 'engineer' can carry out a repair to the camshaft sprocket mounting and with no sign of a locking device/ threadlock, or at least peined so the nut does not move. Seems they could have cross threaded it at the stealers as if it was loose inside the engine it wouldn't be too long before you saw it milling its way from the inside out.!!! Let along the nut resting on an uneven surface, ( no grip).

And he was the chief mechanic :roll:
But we had a nice weekend here in Germany at the Tiger meeting and she ran well :D

Don`t dream of the past,
Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift.

rybes

damn, i was on me way back from england with me tiger. if it was a week or 2 later idve tried to make it down  :D

chairhead

Quote from: "Brit/Man"But we had a nice weekend here in Germany at the Tiger meeting and she ran well :D
Any other photos from this meet?,where was it
how many turned up,was it over the weekend,did you camp or B&B,
was there a rideout,was there a stripper :roll:  :lol: only joking,
maybe the date should be noted for next year and a few of us could get across :roll:
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Brit/Man

Quote from: "chairhead"
Quote from: "Brit/Man"But we had a nice weekend here in Germany at the Tiger meeting and she ran well :D
Any other photos from this meet?,where was it
how many turned up,was it over the weekend,did you camp or B&B,
was there a rideout,was there a stripper :roll:  :lol: only joking,
maybe the date should be noted for next year and a few of us could get across :roll:

Any other photos from this meet? not from me but I will see what I can do.

Where was it, www.villa-loewenherz.de  it`s the first weekend in april, it is an old Villa and I stayed for two nights with B&B + evening meal buffe lot`s to eat + 7 :friday  1/2 ltrs of shandy and 2 beer`s for € 70.

Was there a rideout, lot`s thay also had 3 new 800 Tiger`s for test ride`s
that whent dowen well I did`nt take one out as I love my lass :D

How many turned up, around 30 bike´s Tiger´s and of corse one or two BMW
well thay are German :)  and a KTM or two well some has to ride them :)

Hope this was some help
all the best joe

Don`t dream of the past,
Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift.

Brit/Man

Here`s one my baby is in the back ground 8)

Don`t dream of the past,
Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift.