News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Triumph screw up

Started by Brit/Man, January 24, 2011, 07:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brit/Man

:cry: took my 2002  (KM77,000) tiger 955i round to my local Triumph work shop here in Germany to let them swap my head gasket (coolent leek when cold the old story) thay said ok, €500 +/- and to come back tomorow, I asked if I could have a rent bike till then, thay said no as thay had preped them for the winter by tacken  the battre out and droping the oil out of the moto :shock:.
Next day back to pick up my bike  :D , its not finshed but I could wait, after an hour came the grease monke came out of the work shop with a screw and showed it to the boss who whent in to the work shop, he came back out and said we have a problem :shock: , as thay were putting the bike back together thay noticed that one of the screws on the cameshaft sprockets  had come loose, and been loose for some time :shock:
but no prob thay would put a longer screw in and a nut on the back of the cameshaft  :shock:  I asked if that was ok and he said yes :? . the work was finshed all I had to do was pay and pick up my bike after a test ride by the grease monke, but no such luck as I whent to pick up my bike I saw her in a big pool of coolant, er we have a little problem with your bike . thay let me have a rent bike( Bonni) on the house of course   :evil: . The next day I called Triumph Germany and told them what happend thay will look in to it :? .
Wait out.
BFN joe
So you all know why my english is so bad, I faild my 11+(WGAF) but I'am doing OK in life :-)

I`am to old too die young.

Don`t dream of the past,
Don`t dwell on the future,
Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift.

aeronca

WOW, hope they didnt screw it up too bad. Good luck.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

zadok_oz

Wow, how frustrating is that!? :x
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

cosmo

Sounds like there is a NEW R.O. for a NEW engine. And they are trying not to tell you.

R.O. = Repair Order

Cosmo
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

MtheTiger

QuoteSounds like there is a NEW R.O. for a NEW engine. And they are trying not to tell you.

R.O. = Repair Order

WTF !!! :shock:  :shock:
+1
this would be my guess also
Hope this will turn out good for you!
-Only dead fish go with the flow-

97 Caspian blue

Brit/Man

Ok boy`s and girl`s here we go again :D  ,  I got a call from my Triumph shop today from chief mac   :) who said the cheep way out for me would be, they would buy me a second hand cam shaft out of the WWW I pay € 60 + the cost of two new screw`s:shock: and they fit it for free  WTF .
I`am on night duty in our A+E dept at present and will try to call Triumph Germany tomorrow and see what they say about buying used parts, and let you all know ASAP.

BFN Joe
So you all know why my english is so bad, I faild my 11+(WGAF) but I'am doing OK in life :-)

Don`t dream of the past,
Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift.

Bixxer Bob

Looks like the stealer doesn't who he's taking on..... yet !    :wink:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

cosmo

If you were in the States, it'd be time to "Lawyer-up".

Your engine has been fooked by these folks. Stand tall until THEY put it right.

Cosmo

Brit/Man

Quote from: "cosmo"If you were in the States, it'd be time to "Lawyer-up".

Your engine has been fooked by these folks. Stand tall until THEY put it right.

Cosmo
I`am not realy into that sort of thing but :twisted: "Lawyer-up". :twisted:  I will be on to that today, after my night duty.
as for the rest thank`s for the posts,
BFN Joe

Don`t dream of the past,
Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift.

cosmo

Good luck. My day job is in service for a two line japanese dealer (cars). I can assure you thatyou would be horrified by some of what goes on in back.

I know a tech who buttoned up an engine with shop rags IN the cylinders. He then proceeded to rip the rags out of the cylinders with a bit of rod through the sparking plug holes.

That's just one story....

Cosmo

Brit/Man

I know, the thing is we trust this lot with our life and I hate to think what would happen when the moto blocks at around KM 170
Quote from: "cosmo"Good luck. My day job is in service for a two line japanese dealer (cars). I can assure you thatyou would be horrified by some of what goes on in back.

I know a tech who buttoned up an engine with shop rags IN the cylinders. He then proceeded to rip the rags out of the cylinders with a bit of rod through the sparking plug holes.

That's just one story....

Cosmo

Don`t dream of the past,
Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift.

Brit/Man

Quote from: "Brit/Man"Ok boy`s and girl`s here we go again :D  ,  I got a call from my Triumph shop today from chief mac   :) who said the cheep way out for me would be, they would buy me a second hand cam shaft out of the WWW I pay € 60 + the cost of two new screw`s:shock: and they fit it for free  WTF .
I`am on night duty in our A+E dept at present and will try to call Triumph Germany tomorrow and see what they say about buying used parts, and let you all know ASAP.

BFN Joe
[/color]

OK I talked with the Triumph shop today and thay said if I whent for the second hand part for € 60 thay would give me a writing warranty for the work / used parts :D.
As I used all my cash on the first job and am now skint I will go for this way out, I know that I should get a lawer and sue the ball`s of them but all I want is my bike back so I will see what happens.
Oh yes new part`s would cost me round € 450
BFN
Joe :D

Don`t dream of the past,
Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift.

TigerTrax

Tell them you want the bike  repaired as they suggest, complete warranty, + 50% of what you already paid ... back in cash.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Brit/Man

Quote from: "Brit/Man"
Quote from: "Brit/Man"Ok boy`s and girl`s here we go again :D  ,  I got a call from my Triumph shop today from chief mac   :) who said the cheep way out for me would be, they would buy me a second hand cam shaft out of the WWW I pay € 60 + the cost of two new screw`s:shock: and they fit it for free  WTF .

BFN Joe
[/color]

OK I talked with the Triumph shop today and thay said if I whent for the second hand part for € 60 thay would give me a writing warranty for the work / used parts :D.
As I used all my cash on the first job and am now skint I will go for this way out, I know that I should get a lawer and sue the ball`s of them but all I want is my bike back so I will see what happens.
Oh yes new part`s would cost me round € 450
BFN
Joe :D

:cry: well back again to the Triumph shop I trust :(  and the part`s are still not there  :?:  I just have to wait. :evil:

Don`t dream of the past,
Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift.

Brit/Man

Got a call from Triumph yesterday to say my bike can be picked up :D , whent round and up to now she sounds and runs well I will just have to see how it go`s :D

Don`t dream of the past,
Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift.