News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Non-Triumph Foot pegs that would fit my Girly

Started by Putts255, February 06, 2011, 11:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Putts255

I am looking to these very reasonably priced foot pegs.  See link below.  They have them for all the standard dirt bikes and some of the KTM's.  They also have them with a 5mm drop.  

Anybody know which ones would be the est fit?  I know I may have to do some modification.

Thanks much

http://www.gnarlyparts.ca/
Father of 2, married 28 years to fantastic woman, lots of toys and still lots of dreams....

"You're never too old to learn new things."
_____
2001 Triumph Tiger - Black

delecti

I have just put a set of pivit pegz on my 06 Girly I think you can get them out of the states for around US$155 delivered fit straight on no modifying, and you get a 20deg each way movement. The vibs at 35 to 4000 rpm are no worse than the originals.
if not the pegs on a DR650SE are about 1mm to wide but the pin is the exact same size.

Mark
06 silver tiger
Mark
06 Silver Tigre
what the?

jwray76

Quote from: "delecti"if not the pegs on a DR650SE are about 1mm to wide but the pin is the exact same size.

Mark
06 silver tiger

Hadn't heard this before. If this is true I will be trying to find some nice DR650 pegs on the cheap to modify soon. Are the 650 pegs the same height or do they provide a little drop since there is no rubber?

Mustang

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 5344#65344
no modification needed for these and they lower the peg height by 1 inch .
Very comfortable for the knees

CoolHandLuke

Quote from: "Mustang"http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/msg,65344#65344
no modification needed for these and they lower the peg height by 1 inch .
Very comfortable for the knees

Was just about to add that link, for ya :)

jwray76

Mustang you have a PM. That price satisfies my cheap budget :)

Putts255

Of course this had to happen on a Monday morning while I am in meetings....Argh!

Mustang, if the other party does not come through I would be prepared to jump in.  I will send a pm from the other post as well.  

Thanks.
Father of 2, married 28 years to fantastic woman, lots of toys and still lots of dreams....

_____

Timbox2

Another satisfied Brit with Mustangs pegs :thumbsup
2016 Tiger Sport

jphish

I was going to say...I have the DRC type on my KLR, work ok - Mustang pegs on the Tiger, work great! No Comparison in quality or fit. They are a part of the bike, like the seat, thats is in constant use... & Ya get what ya pay for.

delecti

I inquired about these for an 06 Girly and was told they dont make them. So I hunted around and the pivot pegs is the only other peg that fitted or a modified DR peg. have had them on for a couple of week and they are great. the strength, quality and finish is fantastic. and for being an aussie australian made.
Lower would have been nice though
Mark
Mark
06 Silver Tigre
what the?

Putts255

Well I think I have come to the resolution that I may just end up ordering the pegs that Mustang builds.  A lot of good reports and happy people who have bought them.

My big issue was the cost and getting it by the wife who plays a very equal role in the monthly budget of the household (2 kids in University, she is only on part time hours for the next 4 months etc etc...).

The good news is that the city I live in recently announced any green light photo radar speeding tickets issued in the last 2 years will be refunded as there is a glitch in the software.  So I know I will be getting $150 back for a ticket I got in the fall.  I told the wife that as soon as I get this small windfall I will order my foot pegs from Mustang's site.   :lol:

The only set back is my wife has 2 of these tickets and should be getting just over $200 back, now I cannot say where that money should go either....it will be hers to use....  :roll:

:D

_____

delecti

Sorry mustang it was Sasquatch who didnt make pegs for that model.
and get which ever ones you want the pivot pegz are different is all and fit off the rack, the dr pegs are 1mm to wide is all.
Mark
Mark
06 Silver Tigre
what the?

pizzaman383

Quote from: "delecti"I have just put a set of pivit pegz on my 06 Girly I think you can get them out of the states for around US$155 delivered fit straight on no modifying, and you get a 20deg each way movement. The vibs at 35 to 4000 rpm are no worse than the originals.
if not the pegs on a DR650SE are about 1mm to wide but the pin is the exact same size.

Mark
06 silver tiger

What type of shifter is that?
PizzaMan383
Black 2004 Tiger

Author: Passionate About Pizza Cookbook

delecti

Mark
06 Silver Tigre
what the?

Mustang

Quote from: "pizzaman383"What type of shifter is that?

other than the smart ass answer above :? .....I believe it is the OEM 2005/2006 gear change lever............. Bike bandit or dealer 100 bucks