News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fuel level sending unit

Started by geotiger, April 05, 2011, 05:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geotiger

Howdy all,

While I had the tank off replacing the fuel fittings I messed around with the fuel level sending unit.  Apparently I installed it incorrectly as it doesn't work now!  :oops:

Anyone know how the float should be installed? There are three holes on one end of the float, should they go to the bottom (wire end) or the top (cap end) of the tube?  I have had problems with it in the past not working correctly anyway so maybe I should just order a new unit.  Are the new ones from Bike Bandit the supposed "new style" that works better?

I also replaced the coolant while I had everything off. Used Prestone 50/50 green, I guess there isn't any problem in using the green instead of the Mobil blue?

Thanks,
Nathan
"The one thing we can learn from history is that we don\'t learn from history." - Shaw