News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rear Shock Wrench

Started by DWNUNDR, April 13, 2011, 05:50:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DWNUNDR

What are the sizes for the rear shock nuts....

I need to adjust my rear spring/shock setting...

thanks in advance
1996 Tiger - which is pissing me off right now
2010 KLX110L for playing with the kids on the track out back...

Mustang

Quote from: "DWNUNDR"What are the sizes for the rear shock nuts....

I need to adjust my rear spring/shock setting...

thanks in advance
they are actually lock rings a spanner type wrench is what you need ....or a big screw driver and a hammer . loosen the top ring and then turn the bottom ring towards the spring which will add more preload , then lock the top ring back down .

But your 96 is going to have a clapped out kayaba shock that needs a rebuild to at least recharge the gas .
the kayabas were like mush even when new.

DWNUNDR

so at 20K it will be shot??? it seems to ride decently... just seems to sit low when my fat 235pd ass is on it...

I have adjusted the rear on my KTM before... forgot about the gentle touch of the hammer and screwdriver  technique hahaha
1996 Tiger - which is pissing me off right now
2010 KLX110L for playing with the kids on the track out back...

Timbox2

Quote from: "DWNUNDR"so at 20K it will be shot??? it seems to ride decently... just seems to sit low when my fat 235pd ass is on it...

I have adjusted the rear on my KTM before... forgot about the gentle touch of the hammer and screwdriver  technique hahaha

Even if it isnt shot, which it probably is, that shock was designed around an average 140-150lb rider, so, yeah you can crank up the preload, but then the rebound circuits probably gonna struggle anyway.

Ive just put a new Wilbers on my 2005 Girly, and what it shows is that what I thought was OK, wasnt at all, suppose its what we get used to, but if you can afford it do what Mustang says at the least and get it rebuilt for your weight/riding style or get a newun, you will be astounded, believe me.
2016 Tiger Sport