News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tire experience.

Started by Milton, May 11, 2011, 08:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milton

Just wanted to let people know about the last tires I used and the ones I have just put on the tiger.

When I got the bike the tires were just about gone so I replaced them after about 1k miles. I replaced them with Continental Trail Attacks from SW Moto Tire in AZ. I felt they were a superb street tire, not really sure why they have trail in their name as they did ok to not great on gravel/dirt, about what one would expect from a road tire. BUT THEY GOT GREAT MILEAGE, changed them out at just under 12K miles. I might have pushed the rear a little beyond its usage limit but the front still had at least 2K left in it.

I Just put new Shinko 705's on so I will update once I've got some miles on them. I also sealed up the rims so I can run tubeless.

One note about the Shinko's. My son put 705s on his 650 KLR and the rear looks to be about half way gone at 2.5K. I don't think he will even get another 2.5K out of the rear, so I'm a bit disappointed with the wear on the KLR. He is a new rider and I think he likes acceleration.

Just thought people might like to know my experiences.
1992 BMW K100RS 4V 49K Broken but not dead. She shall arise from the ashes!

1998 Triumph Tiger. This bike rocks!

BruKen

Thanks. I'm looking to put TAs on mine shortly.

aeronca

the shinko's look good, but have been hearing mixed reviews on other site's. im running bridgstone trailwings and love them - seem to last  and last. im in to them now for 6-7000 miles and the rear looks about 20% worn and the front still looks new. when they wear out maybe i'll try the shinko's, but cant say enough good things about the bridgstones.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!