News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Clutch cable

Started by Tigertriple, May 27, 2011, 07:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigertriple

Can anyone tell me if the clutch cable for a 2002 955 will be compatible with a 2006 year bike. They look similar to me, however I would value another opinion.
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

cbxtc6

Tigertriple

Quote from: "cbxtc6"Yes

Thanks for the help :D

tett

And where is the best place to get these?  I need to replace mine as well.

Cheers and thanks!

tett

98 Valkyrie
71 Commando
06 Tiger

blacktiger

Quote from: "tett"And where is the best place to get these?  I need to replace mine as well.

Cheers and thanks!

tett

A Triumph dealer. They're quite cheap so IMO it's not really worth the time hunting high and low to save a quid.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Tigertriple

Quote from: "blacktiger"
Quote from: "tett"And where is the best place to get these?  I need to replace mine as well.

Cheers and thanks!

tett

A Triumph dealer. They're quite cheap so IMO it's not really worth the time hunting high and low to save a quid.

Triumph sell them for £29.00 which I don't think is cheap, but I have not bought a clutch cable in the last 30 years  :wink:

The reason that I am looking for one is I will be taking the tank of next week to do some spannering and want to fit a spare cable along side in case mine breaks. This will save a lot of hassle in changing the cable if it breaks while I'm away touring this Summer.

I was asking in my original post about a 2002 cable fitting a 2006 bike as there are a couple of them for sale from a breakers for £15.00. However I have decided to buy a new cable and use my existing one as the spare. Much less chance of a new one breaking and at least I know what the condition of my existing cable is like.

Thanks to all who commented :D

Robbie

Quote from: "Tigertriple"I was asking in my original post about a 2002 cable fitting a 2006 bike as there are a couple of them for sale from a breakers

there was a recall on clutch cables in 2003 as the early ones broke. the stainless steel wire used was not that stainless :lol:
Robbie and Mohan the original silver Tiger

Timbox2

Ive never used the guys, but Triumph Online do em for £15.

When I got my bike last year, previous owner had a spare clutch and throttle cable zip tied in place to the current cables just in case. After a few thousand miles I fitted both the spares and kept the old ones as emergency items too.
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Quote from: "Robbie"
Quote from: "Tigertriple"I was asking in my original post about a 2002 cable fitting a 2006 bike as there are a couple of them for sale from a breakers

there was a recall on clutch cables in 2003 as the early ones broke. the stainless steel wire used was not that stainless :lol:

It still hangs on the garage wall!!!

ChazzyB

Quote from: "Timbox2"Ive never used the guys, but Triumph Online do em for £15.

I have used them for a clutch cable. Get one from your Triumph dealer, it will fit properly. That's what I did in the end.
Charles
1971 BSA A65L Lightning
1953 AJS 18S