News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Dain Bramaged today (main ground location??)

Started by xtphreak, May 28, 2011, 09:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xtphreak

ok all

1999 885i Tiger

moving EVERYTHING from the 1999 frame to a 2000 frame (thanks to Bambi ambush = broke frame + broken motor mount)

motor mount repaired by an artist with a TIG

somehow I have "forgotten" where the 2 ground wires off the "power" harness (Alternator wiring, starter wiring, battery leads, solenoid) mount to!!!!!

I labeled it [alt grnd] thinking that would clue me, but a month later danged if'n I can recall what bolt this ring lug originally lived under!!!

this is a black wire and a black / green wire that both are crimped into a ring lug.

basically. this is the main ground for the electrical system.

I have the external 40A alternator.

Help???

I'd love to get it back where it belongs, and not just pick a good point to ground it and have issues later.

thanks in advance

Bixxer Bob

Are you talking about the big ground lug that bolts to the centre of the engine / gearbox?  The hole for that bolt is on top of the gearbox, roughly on the centreline of the engine, just forward of the centre line of the chain sprocket.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

xtphreak

ok after a short break I went back down to the garage

got overwhelmed before I guess

checked alternator bolts for tightness, ta-daaa  one was just snug

knew it had to be on the alternator case for best ground

also found it in the trumpet manual p 16.12

dum-da-dumdum

looks like this now

xtphreak

thanks for the time out break while posting

Bixxer Bob  I'm guessing you're thinking of a 955i??

thanks anyway