News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

shorty levers for a steamer

Started by rybes, July 15, 2011, 05:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theclowncrusty

Hi, i have paid for them now. Black. shorty levers to fit my red tiger....
:)

MarkShelley

I have just fitted a set of these cheapo levers to my bike. I found that although the standard hand guards would go on, they foul the lever as the bit that makes the levers adjustable is a lot wider than standard which prevented the levers returning correctly when released. Looks like I will get some acerbis ones as I have also fitted Renthal Dakar High bars (code 613).
I will reserve judgement on the levers until they have got a lot of miles on them.I am looking forward to trying this set up as I hated the slight downturn of the standard bars. The brake hose is now on its limit so if I want risers I will need brake, and maybe clutch lines.
This ole World keeps spinning round, it`s a wonder tall trees aint layin down.

Tiger 900
BMW R1100GS
Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California
Yamaha TT250R
Yamaha DT50MX
Honda MT50/C90 Hybrid racing moped!
Yamaha DT50MX

D-Fuzz

Are those levers a straight across swap, or is there more to it than that?  I want to put a set of Acerbis or similar handguards on my Tiger but the OEM levers are going to be too long.  

I've been tinkering with my handlebar set up for quite sometime and I think I finally have it figured out.  I initially went with a set of ProTaper high bars, but had problems with the front brake line being maxxed out, plus the brake & clutch reservoirs hit the fairing...not good.  I recently bought a set of 2" Rox Risers and put them on with a set of ProTaper low bars.  I am able to angle the bars back a bit, instead of the rise just going up.  The result is a much better riding position, especially while standing, the brake line isn't so tight and no more contact with the fairing.  With this new set up, I should be able to install some handguards with the aluminum frame, so I can protect my levers a bit better.

My next mod is going to be a set of Mustang pegs. :D
Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black

MarkShelley

Quote from: "D-Fuzz"Are those levers a straight across swap, or is there more to it than that?  I want to put a set of Acerbis or similar handguards on my Tiger but the OEM levers are going to be too long.  

:D

It is a straight swap apart from the fact that you have to swap over the little hinged rod which pushes the clutch piston in. It only takes about 10 mins to do both.
If you must fit acerbis MX type hand guards you need to go for the shorter levers as the normal ones are the same length as standard. It may be possible to fit them with the standard length levers but a spacer of about 20mm would be required on the end of the bar which may make the whole thing a bit floppy as the expanding bolt wouldn`t have much to grap on!
The standard length bars have a nothch in them which looks like it corresponds to the length of the shorter ones so it wouldn`t be a major job to cut them to suit.
This ole World keeps spinning round, it`s a wonder tall trees aint layin down.

Tiger 900
BMW R1100GS
Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California
Yamaha TT250R
Yamaha DT50MX
Honda MT50/C90 Hybrid racing moped!
Yamaha DT50MX