News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Replaced TPS, bike runs worse!

Started by mtrdrms, August 19, 2011, 08:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtrdrms

My long term fuel trim reads -95.5%  Seems a bit off from what Metalguru has...
Also forgot to mention it will lightly backfire on decel around 2-3k rpms.  From my old dirtbike days I think this means that its running lean?
1999 Tiger (approx 53k miles)

"To reject the part of the buddha that attends to the analysis of motorcycles is to miss the buddha entirely."
-Robert Pirsig

peds

Alot of the gadgets on TuneECU I have just installed seem to be 'greyed-out' is this a normal thing? Have I missed something? Grrrr......
"I\'d rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle."

"Never ride faster than your guardian angel".

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "mtrdrms"My long term fuel trim reads -95.5%  Seems a bit off from what Metalguru has...

Only "a bit" off ?????

Quote from: "mtrdrms"...it will lightly backfire on decel around 2-3k rpms.  From my old dirtbike days I think this means that its running lean?

Correct.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

mtrdrms

Haha!  Well without sounding snotty or dumb, how do I go about fixing my problem and what does the long term fuel trim setting mean?

Andy

"To reject the part of the buddha that attends to the analysis of motorcycles is to miss the buddha entirely."
-Robert Pirsig

metalguru

Without wishing to hi-jack,

Start reading here....It may take some time.

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 26&start=0
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "metalguru"Without wishing to hi-jack,

Start reading here....It may take some time.

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 26&start=0
'

I already suggested he read your notes on that same link further up the page.  Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself.... :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

metalguru

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"I already suggested he read your notes on that same link further up the page.  Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself.... :lol:

Now where have I heard that before.......Think it may be the wife!!! :BangHead
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
1993 DR200
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
2 Crossers

metalguru

Quote from: "mtrdrms"Haha!  Well without sounding snotty or dumb, how do I go about fixing my problem and what does the long term fuel trim setting mean?

Andy

haven't heard for a while.
Wondering if you have fixed the problem yet or are still reading!!
The trouble with 885's on TuneEcu is the LTFT cannot be set and is greyed out unless it has changed on the newer versions. The way to change the mixture is by altering the map values or the Triumph tool has the facility to do this.
I think you may be looking at the IFT idle fuel trim as this is the only trim which will go to -95! This should start from 0. Try setting to a + value.

Just re-read your thread and if you haven't done it already, the TPS is reading .65. The limit is .66 so could be time for a change there, sorry for missing that bit.

Also according to Triumphs records your bike is still due for the recall work to be done!
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
1993 DR200
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
2 Crossers

mtrdrms

Thanks for checking in metal.  I haven't done all of my reading yet but the settings or running condition have not changed.  I will post a copy of the screen in a few but it is the LTFT that reads -95.5.  Ill have to check into those recalls also - what do they fix?

Andy

-Robert Pirsig

mtrdrms

and now my TPS voltage reads .63

-Robert Pirsig