News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Carb clean/tune

Started by JayDub, February 07, 2014, 04:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayDub

This is only 'very warm' after a decent run. will have to investigate further tho as I suspect they've been drilled out.

JayDub

I is starting to think that mebe those end caps are one-off machined up jobbies? :icon_scratch:

Bixxer Bob

I think you might be right the welding is not production standard but that could be due to the repacking.  My thought was that the whole thing is home made.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

If they're home made, pretty decent job by the looks of it, much tighter into the frame than the standard (mild steel) cans.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

Yep, I'm sure that they are aftermarket and someones cut open the cans and machined those caps, I figured that if the whole thing was homemade there would be signs of that in the build quality, the other end is pressed so they would have to have made up a former.  only the cap looks homemade... ANYWAY! Plugs! - standard NGK DPR9EA-9 or DPR8EA-9 as I've been recommended - grade 9 is apparently only necessary for racing- whats your views fellas? U still in the land of sand Niall?

Sin_Tiger

Can't remember about the plugs but it looks like Dave NL is pretty well clear about that.

Yup, still chasing camels, they are starting to look prettier than Welsh sheep too  :love10
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

Careful about our sheep, or next time you're howling around a bend in Denbighshire - one of the girls will be hiding behind a tree with an evil look in her eye... just waiting :icon_biggrin: