News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Runs better at sea level

Started by bemusedinsojo, August 17, 2017, 10:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayDub

Considering how often you might use it, it may be better to pay á garage who could set it accurately using a gas analyser?

Sin_Tiger

I had a flexi drive one. I find it hard to get a feel for how the screws were moving and after a couple of uses the flexi shaft broke away from the head. I sent it back and invested in a bevel gear drive unit.

The gear drive unit works much better and is worth the extra investment. The Motion Pro one looks very good and good value, I've got other tools from them and they've always impressed me with the design and quality. The slimmer angle drive head looks much more compact compared to mine. Might be time to upgrade  :augie
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

bemusedinsojo

Quote from: JayDub on August 23, 2017, 09:32:51 AM
Considering how often you might use it, it may be better to pay á garage who could set it accurately using a gas analyser?
JD good point. Shops here seem to not like to deal with carbs; at least that has been my experience.

bemusedinsojo

I got a speedo gear and a cable from a Sprint on ebay so back on the road.