News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

expanion tank elbow

Started by Spud, August 24, 2012, 12:21:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spud

Putting in a set of night racer bulbs I noticed the expansion tank elbow was snapped off.  I dont know when this was done as it's a clean break. The rad was flushed recently during a service so it could of happen then ? I have had to order two at the great expence of 70p each. Has anyone had a problem with these before and if so was there any fitting issue cheers Spud  :thumbsup

iansoady

Common problem as the plastic is very brittle. It also means that instead of coolant being sucked back into the engine when it cools down, air is instead. You can probably imagine this is not a good thing.....
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Spud

Jack Lilley got one to me over night, fairing off, light fitted and elbow replace and there bugger all room to play with when the fairing goes back on no wonder they break...

But could I remember when the F... the last two little screws went, the penny dropped eventually

cheers Spud  :thumbsup