News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger won't hunt...

Started by JoeDirt, September 24, 2012, 01:41:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

I've taken steamer liners out just by wiggle and lift , no special tool needed .

JoeDirt

Quote from: Mustang on October 24, 2012, 05:24:08 AM
I've taken steamer liners out just by wiggle and lift , no special tool needed .

Yea... but you have the strength of 10 men! I have to rely on mechanical advantage because I am weak.

So, I have a 3 Jaw Puller that was made in Taiwan and cost $30USD. Used to pull bearings off shafts with it.

Maybe I can use it if I have to...

Mustang

very doubtful .

you'll see once you get the head off .

zombie2

I ended up taking the oil pan off and going in that way.

JoeDirt

All,

I am having problems getting my cylinder head bolts off. I have a T50 torx socket that actually twisted on me using a 3/8" breaker bar. I then went to Harbor Freight and bought a 1/2" impact wrench with impact style T50 socket. The bolts aren't budging...  :BangHead

Any suggestions?!? :wave

JoeDirt

Quote from: JoeDirt on November 04, 2012, 07:05:38 PM
All,

I am having problems getting my cylinder head bolts off. I have a T50 torx socket that actually twisted on me using a 3/8" breaker bar. I then went to Harbor Freight and bought a 1/2" impact wrench with impact style T50 socket. The bolts aren't budging...  :BangHead

Any suggestions?!? :wave

Success... I got my cylinder head off.  :wings

I bought another T50 socket. It worked just fine.

The one on the right was a Lisle and I thought it would be a better choice being that it was a single part construction. The steel on the Lisle was "soft". I am not sure why anyone would make a larger sized Torx that can be twisted. The one on the right is a Kobalt brand and worked just fine. It has a lifetime guarantee and I was going to try and break that one too. But, it worked.  :qgaraduate

JoeDirt

Quote from: Mustang on October 24, 2012, 05:24:08 AM

I ended up making my own tool to pull the sleeves. I used what is call a "test plug". Test plugs are used to test plumping. I bought a 3" one off eBay for $9.99 USD and used some Home Depot hardware for $4 bucks. Compaired to BikeBandits $200+ for the same. It worked like a champ.

iansoady

Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

zombie2

liking your sleeve puller a lot.
Nice one.