News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2014 Meet in Scotland

Started by Sin_Tiger, September 01, 2013, 02:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threepot

95 Super111
96 Tiger

pablo

Unbelievable. I saw the link to this post back in Feb, and registered on the forum hoping I might be able to join you all. Anyway some big changes meant my focus was elsewhere for a while.
Now that I'm reaquainted with the tiger, I thought I'd check on progress, only to find that on those dates I'll be in Singapore. I'm looking forward to that too, but it would have been nice to join the fun.

I'm at a loose end next week so I may conduct a solo cross border raid then.

Enjoy the Highlands.

Sin_Tiger

Bugger  :icon_cry: If I tell you where I've hidden my key you could give my XC a blast while you're there, joking, my mate keeps the wheels from going flat.

Bring back some Bahqua for me and I'll square you up later, I'm out of stock. If you don't know what it is, ask anyone of Chinese descent where the nearest Bee Cheng Hiang shop is and tell them you have an Ang Moh friend that wants some  :thumbsup
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

blacktiger

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on June 19, 2014, 04:36:20 PM
Bring back some Bahqua for me and I'll square you up later, I'm out of stock. If you don't know what it is, ask anyone of Chinese descent where the nearest Bee Heng shop is and tell them you have an Ang Moh friend that wants some  :thumbsup

You trying to get him arrested coming back through customs? :ImaPoser
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: blacktiger on June 19, 2014, 04:50:00 PM
You trying to get him arrested coming back through customs? :ImaPoser

Not unless the Customs person is of the Islamic persuasion  :icon_wink: I forgot to say, don't bother asking a Malay, they might think you're taking the pi$$
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

pablo

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on June 19, 2014, 04:36:20 PM
Bugger  :icon_cry: If I tell you where I've hidden my key you could give my XC a blast while you're there, joking, my mate keeps the wheels from going flat.

Bring back some Bahqua for me and I'll square you up later, I'm out of stock. If you don't know what it is, ask anyone of Chinese descent where the nearest Bee Cheng Hiang shop is and tell them you have an Ang Moh friend that wants some  :thumbsup

I'll ask the sister in law, they live out there. we've been out a few times, and it has to be the fastest changing city on earth. It's been a base for exploring the rest of SE Asia too, some great trips.
I,m really looking forward to this one, but wish it hadn't clashed with the trip north.

I may still head off solo. I never tire of the highlands.

Sin_Tiger

Cheers. If you're heading North solo, don't mind company and I'm free I may well join you, any excuse  :augie

threepot

I've booked time off work. Still going to be last minute thing for me,but hoping to come ? Plan on travelling up Wed,camp in Lake district,then compete on Thurs
95 Super111
96 Tiger

PeteH

Quote from: threepot on June 21, 2014, 11:57:40 PM
camp in Lake district,then compete on Thurs

Have a lie in and a late breakfast as we (me Matt and Spud) can then catch you up :thumbsup
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Robert Williams

Hi if any body going up on the Friday, would like to meet at Gretna services

threepot

Is this one big piss-up,or do you plan a bit of riding too?  :icon_wink:
95 Super111
96 Tiger

fraser j ross

Hopefully piss up  :icon_wink:

blacktiger

I'd say a boy of both. It's good to have a balanced diet.

threepot

Just bought a tent  :icon_smile: I am making plans to come,but due to my type of work????? Every biker has got to do Scotland eh! Sleeping bag next. Bike should be OK..recent chain,sprockets,service. Running really nice. Had 51mpg up to the Carole Nash show recently in Stafford,and that was with a 17t front,so should get 55+mpg on this run with an 18t? Keep the usage down so I'll save the tyres. Could do without that expense b4 coming.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

blacktiger

Quote from: threepot on June 23, 2014, 11:43:36 PM
Just bought a tent  :icon_smile: I am making plans to come,but due to my type of work????? Every biker has got to do Scotland eh! Sleeping bag next. Bike should be OK..recent chain,sprockets,service. Running really nice. Had 51mpg up to the Carole Nash show recently in Stafford,and that was with a 17t front,so should get 55+mpg on this run with an 18t? Keep the usage down so I'll save the tyres. Could do without that expense b4 coming.

17t sprocket. Strewth most people go with a 19 . Then you will get high 50s mpg. Sometimes even 60+.