News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2014 Meet in Scotland

Started by Sin_Tiger, September 01, 2013, 02:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mat-tiger1

Quote from: blacktiger on July 20, 2014, 01:30:33 PM
Quote from: Sin_Tiger on July 19, 2014, 07:19:29 PM
and an evening single track run on an old military Road back to FA for the serious stuff.

Now you tell us. I've just taken off the Heidenaus and refitted the Battlewings. :icon_rolleyes:

At least it'll give the rest of us half a chance of keeping up you!  :wheel
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

PeteH

Quote from: fraser j ross on July 19, 2014, 11:43:27 PM
Six more sleeps :-)
[/quodte]

I know its like waiting for Xmas  :ImaPoser
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Sin_Tiger

and an evening single track run on an old military Road back to FA for the serious stuff.

Now you tell us. I've just taken off the Heidenaus and refitted the Battlewings. :icon_rolleyes:

:nono don't panic, not gravel just "single track". It's just a lovely ride with great scenery.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

blacktiger

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on July 20, 2014, 02:52:40 PM

:nono don't panic, not gravel just "single track". It's just a lovely ride with great scenery.

Ah, OK. It's just that "Old Military road" spells dirt track to me. And Battlewings =  :nap
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

PeteH

Anyone stopping in the lodge should know that bedding is provided and towels are £1 from the reception  :thumbsup
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

fraser j ross

Washing ,sleeping, :ImaPoser only kidding !        NOT :icon_lol:

threepot

I've bought these cycle pants, to try and eliminate 'numb bum'  :icon_mrgreen:Worth a go? Also been given a gel seat. See you Thursday.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: PeteH on July 20, 2014, 07:45:10 PM
towels are £1 from the reception  :thumbsup

I'm going to rent one for BB, then when he's in the shower throw his riding gear in the bin  :ImaPoser

They did seem pretty well organised when I visited.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

aesdj

For those interested I'm meeting BlackTiger at 9am in Hawick and am setting off from Bradford at 6am. Knowing BT he'll have a cracking ride sorted from there to F/A. I'm doing the A65 to Kendle, M6 to Carlisle, A7 to Hawick. Not the best route but I'm on a schedule so can not mess about will the back roads. Don't mind meeting anyone who wants to join me, just drop me a line.

Sin_Tiger

A bit more information for those who actually care about where or which way they are going, if not just ignore this.

Sat 26th am route from Cumberlands Campsite to Applecross for lunch - departing around 09:00 circa 105mls and 3.0 hrs not including any stops (fuel up in Fort Augustus please).

Sat 26th pm route OPTION 1 from Applecross to Fort Augustus - departing around 14:00  circa 86mls and 2.5 hrs stop at Eilean Donan Castle suggested (top up at Applecross suggested).

Sat 26th pm route OPTION 2 from Applecross via Plockton to Fort Augustus - departing around 14:00  circa 95mls and 3.0 hrs stops at Plockton and Eilean Donan Castle not included (top up at Applecross suggested).

Sat 26th eve route from Cumberlands Campsite to Dores for dinner and loop back to FA - departing around 18:00 circa 68mls and 2.0 hrs not including dinner stop (fuel up in Fort Augustus please).

The Plockton detour is open for discussion of course. Petrol is naturally cheaper in FA but due to the type of single track roads we will be traveling on the return from Applecross I suggest a few litres would be a good idea as the next sensible stop is Loch Carron and it's not a good road to push a Tigger on  :icon_redface:

I will email the routes to those that I have emails for, anybody else who wants please pm me.

blacktiger

Quote from: aesdj on July 21, 2014, 12:16:14 AM
For those interested I'm meeting BlackTiger at 9am in Hawick and am setting off from Bradford at 6am. Knowing BT he'll have a cracking ride sorted from there to F/A. I'm doing the A65 to Kendle, M6 to Carlisle, A7 to Hawick. Not the best route but I'm on a schedule so can not mess about will the back roads. Don't mind meeting anyone who wants to join me, just drop me a line.

FYI............you're not meeting me in Hawick. I'll be in Denholm a few miles east of Hawick. And you're looking for the "Auld Cross Keys Inn".

Did you get the bike sorted? I meant to mention that I cured my erratic tickover with a new throttle cable.

blacktiger

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on July 21, 2014, 12:01:03 PM
I will email the routes to those that I have emails for, anybody else who wants please pm me.

PM sent.

aesdj

Yes the bikes sorted. Put a new inlet manifold gasket on it as there was light brown staining on 2 of the body's were they met the gasket and it looked wet so I thought that's were it was drawing air. Don't know if that was the problem because when I pulled the pipe off the air box to the ECU the rubber end came off of the pipe. When I stripped it over winter for its full service it may have been coming off then and that's why it started playing up after I put it back together but I'll never know. Silicone'd that back on, put it back together and now its purring.
Yes I know were meeting at the pub but thought there was no point going into too much detail. I've got the web site link you sent me so I'm going to get the post code from there. Hoping to be there for 9 so have the kettle on.

blacktiger

Quote from: aesdj on July 21, 2014, 09:33:20 PM
Yes the bikes sorted.

Yes I know were meeting at the pub but thought there was no point going into too much detail. I've got the web site link you sent me so I'm going to get the post code from there. Hoping to be there for 9 so have the kettle on.

Good news.
&
Good news. I'm sure there'll be a coffee for you.

Nick Calne

Right. Here's the news...

Both my businesses can cope without me for a few days as almost everyone is on leave simultaneously!

The wife is away looking after her folks.

The kids are elsewhere.

The bike's pretty much loaded.

I'll be on my way starting on Wednesday afternoon!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?