News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

finally found one....maybe

Started by rybes, October 28, 2013, 09:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

Yes I have and I know he's a big cuddly but very  :wheel bear  :icon_mrgreen:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Solon

Quote from: rf9rider on October 28, 2013, 10:50:18 PM
I seem to have read somewhere that its just a spring that breaks, although i could be wrong.  :icon_scratch:

As for the neutral switch, i know some on the Rat site have fitted a longer switch to cure the problem of the worn plate that causes the problem, but if you`re stripping the motor, might be worth replacing the plate?

Seem to remember the longer switch is from a Bonneville.

Can you post a link to the discussion on the Rat regarding the switch?

My neutral indicator doesn't work, if I play with the gear selector pedal it has a point where the green light comes to life, not enough to help in any way. i realized smth's broken in the gear box, but opening the gear box for such a small issue seems too complicated.

I'm interested in that 'longer switch" solution. Does anyone have any info on that ?

rf9rider

Quote from: Solon on November 02, 2013, 07:47:55 AM
Quote from: rf9rider on October 28, 2013, 10:50:18 PM
I seem to have read somewhere that its just a spring that breaks, although i could be wrong.  :icon_scratch:

As for the neutral switch, i know some on the Rat site have fitted a longer switch to cure the problem of the worn plate that causes the problem, but if you`re stripping the motor, might be worth replacing the plate?

Seem to remember the longer switch is from a Bonneville.

Can you post a link to the discussion on the Rat regarding the switch?

My neutral indicator doesn't work, if I play with the gear selector pedal it has a point where the green light comes to life, not enough to help in any way. i realized smth's broken in the gear box, but opening the gear box for such a small issue seems too complicated.

I'm interested in that 'longer switch" solution. Does anyone have any info on that ?

Here ya go

http://www.triumphrat.net/hinckley-classic-triples/201744-tired-old-question-but-neutral-switch.html

Mustang

yeah but if you read the whole thread you'll see where slinky said the bonneville switch cure only lasted for a few hundred miles and then he was back to no neutral light again . :bug_eye

the only proper fix is to split the case and replace the disc as well as installing a new switch .
the newer replacement discs are metal and much more stout .

Quote from: slinky @ t ratJust a quick update, to avoid anyone wasting time or money on my "fix" in future.. sadly it only lasted a few hundred miles, so it's back to where it started.

rybes

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on November 02, 2013, 12:15:39 AM
Yes I have and I know he's a big cuddly but very  :wheel bear  :icon_mrgreen:

a big cuddley bear ? im never goin up the castle again  :icon_lol: :icon_lol: they like big cuddley bears in there  :icon_eek:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rf9rider

Quote from: Mustang on November 02, 2013, 01:59:02 PM
yeah but if you read the whole thread you'll see where slinky said the bonneville switch cure only lasted for a few hundred miles and then he was back to no neutral light again . :bug_eye

the only proper fix is to split the case and replace the disc as well as installing a new switch .

Quote from: slinky @ t ratJust a quick update, to avoid anyone wasting time or money on my "fix" in future.. sadly it only lasted a few hundred miles, so it's back to where it started.

Didn`t see that bit, must have added it since i last found it.  :icon_redface:

Solon

[/quote]

Here ya go

http://www.triumphrat.net/hinckley-classic-triples/201744-tired-old-question-but-neutral-switch.html
[/quote]

Thanks.

Quote from: Mustang on November 02, 2013, 01:59:02 PM

Thanks again.  Depressing. I'm not going to split the cases for that :nono. I'll just live with it (till the sprag goes...)

rybes

damn ! out bidded  :icon_rolleyes: the search continues :XXcomputer

97tiger885

Not that it is important, but the redline on my 96 Trident is 9500 rpm.

The tuning and gearing make a big difference.  The Trident is just cruising along at 80mph whereas the 97 Tiger is working and buzzing like a bee.

rybes

6 mins to go on that engine Gav n im the only bidder  :thumbsup fingers crossed

rybes

:wheel i got an engine  :pimp only problem is its grey. so first thing to do is change gear selector then paint it black. anyone got a clue as to what shade of black it is, gloss, matt, satin ? now jus have to get it from dorset

Sin_Tiger

Good news  :thumbsup was it the Trident one?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

Well done mate.  :thumbsup

Keep the engine grey, it will look different and might match your forks.

rybes

cheers  :icon_smile: i dunno if i could keep it grey Rf. dont think my ocdness would let me lol