News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Carb air/fuel mixture

Started by bemusedinsojo, October 04, 2017, 08:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bemusedinsojo

While hanging with LondonPhil last week (what fun and amazing people-I got the nickname drama queen, not sure why) :icon_redface: LP suggested I use a computer to find the best air/fuel mixture for my red steamer. After some research I found using an O2 sensor paired with a volt meter may work. Has anyone tried this way before or is it a fool's errand?

Mustang

fools errand............................. :BangHead
but triumph sorta does it that way too .........
using a CO2 meter screwed in the bung hole of the exhaust headers ,one at a time , you set the air screws till 3 % for european models and 1 % for USA

you are in Utah ? correct?
EASY WAY ...............below

98 Steamer with Keihin carbs , stock airbox including capped right side snorkel?

at your elevation ....................100 main jets , 40 pilots , with air screws set at around 2 turns out

you should be spot on with those and run the idle at about 1400 rpm  :love10

and then if theres a bog in the mid range between 4000-5000 rpm shim the needles up using some small washers from the hardware store that are about 1 mm thick should cure the bog .

and you should be seeing at least 40 mpg with that set up  :nod

bemusedinsojo

Mustang

doesnt matter.....................aftermarket cans only make noise ! :wheel

London_Phil

As opposed to rust.....

Mustang

tonytiger