News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Centerstand Install

Started by CBAT, September 06, 2007, 04:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigerrider

Quote from: "CBAT"I don't know. It came with the bike. One of the more seasoned steamer owners may be able to identify it. It does very well at highway speeds. I'm 6'2" and the airstream hits just about the peak on my MX helmet that I wear this time of year. The side slips around my shoulders nicely yet provides enough air to stay relatively cool in the Texas heat.

I believe that's a "Power-Bronze" shield on there.

Stuie

Hey Bruce!

Glad this post is still here for visual reference. I am doing my MoTec stand today and also installing my new carb floats. I cant wait to get it done and back together to make sure it all worked out the way I am hoping it will!

Just wanted to thank ya again for this post with pics.

Stu

CBAT

Quote from: "Stuie"Hey Bruce!

Glad this post is still here for visual reference. I am doing my MoTec stand today and also installing my new carb floats. I cant wait to get it done and back together to make sure it all worked out the way I am hoping it will!

Just wanted to thank ya again for this post with pics.

Stu

Hi Stu,
Just now saw this post. You are welcome.  :wink:
Bruce

Jomama

I had our Triumph shop install the SW-Motech center stand this week.  I cant comment on the install, they billed me for 2hrs.

But as far as utility of the stand, I'm amazed.  I thought it would be harder to get the bike up on it.  I'm about 2months out of a sling on my right arm, rotator cuff repair an capsular tightening, so I was wondering how much shoving it would take from my arms, as I'm definitely not at full strenght yet...   Well, basically none, and it was damn near effortless to put it up on the C-stand..  

I imagine with the extension Stretch(?) showed in his c-stand mod, you could practically get it up w/out using your arms...

Well worth the $$$ imo, an now it will be far easier to tackle the various DIY jobs..    :D
1996 Tiger
2008 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Dbl Cab Longbed SR5
**sold** /cry...  1993 FZJ80 Toyota Land Cruiser

JetdocX

In my mind, there is no good reason for a chain driven bike not to have a centerstand. :wink:
From parts unknown.

RiderX

Ok, I finally broke down and ordered my SW-Motech center stand and was somewhat daunted by the task as well. Having had most of these parts off to mount the crash bars I figured what the heck. All went well until I went to put the exhaust back on at the header. There are three metal 'gaskets' that appear to be pretty well fused to the exhaust pipes. Try as I might I cannot get them to slide back into the header to get the mounting covers to screw down flush to the header. I ended up with a bit of an exhaust leak that is visible as smoke right where the pipes join to the header. I am loathe to take the radiator all the way off to get to it but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mustang

The triumph center stand for steamers comes with three new copper gaskets for the headpipe

It will be easiest to just suck it up and take the bleedin radiator out of the way !

RiderX

my other thought is that perhaps what I am seeing is the grease that the manual recommended putting on the gaskets is simply burning off and I am not seeing exhaust. I would fell better if the things fit back in flush though.

D-Fuzz

Any tips for getting the big spring hooked on the centrestand?  I got the smaller spring fairly easily, but the big one is a b!t*h.
Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black

Mustang

D-Fuzz

I've got something similar to that, but it is easier said than done.  It is tough to get in there to pull.

Edit: I got it on.  I guess I just needed more cursing & swearing to get the job done. :twisted:
Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black

steve@stihlse.com

i talked with twisted throttle today and according to the picture in the directions and what they said it should be a 1/2 hour job. anybody do one in the last couple of years.
He is free who lives as he chooses!

D-Fuzz

I just did mine last week.  I suppose it is a 1/2 hr job if you don't factor the time it takes to remove the exhaust, disassemble the suspension linkage and put everything back together.  It took me about 3-4 hrs total, but it isn't that big of a job.
Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black

steve@stihlse.com

thanks Scott. was that on a new Tiger or your 96? did you need new exhaust gaskets?
He is free who lives as he chooses!

D-Fuzz

It was on my '96 Tiger (I don't have a new one yet :( ).  I just slid the exhaust off at the joint below the footpegs, so I didn't replace any gaskets.  Maybe I missed something, but it seemed like it was just one pipe fitting inside another.  The only thing I noticed was some ice/water in the cross-over pipe.  I guess it is important to take it for a real hard ride before you put it away for the winter.
Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black