News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger has landed

Started by tett, October 12, 2009, 04:08:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tett

Just got my new to me 2006 Caspian Blue Tiger.  28,000 km on her.  Have not had a chance to ride her yet but just started her a few times.  She arrived after dark

Fired up beautifully.  When idling she ran great but then all of a sudden quit.  Out of gas?  Is there a gas shut of on these bikes?  

Too dark now to go out and look.

Also, is there an owner's handbook online?  My bike came from Quebec with only a French one.

Cheers and thanks for any help,

tett
98 Valkyrie
71 Commando
06 Tiger

jsingraham

Great color...looks just like mine!

Pop the tank lid open and see if it starts up.  Could be a vent problem.

If not, maybe out of gas like you said.  

Jason in KC
06 Triumph Tiger - Caspian Blue
07 Yamaha FJR - Black Cherry
86 Honda TR200 FatCat
85 Yamaha BW200 Bigwheel
02 jr 50(really for the kids!)

TigerTrax

I'd look at the gas gauge.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

2004Tiger

Very pretty.
No gas cock. Turn the key, push the button, and go.
Some of us have had to replace our gas level senders, but I don't recall if the '05 '06 versions have been troublesome.
I have a PDF owner's manual I can email to you.
2004 Tiger. Black is beautiful. If I don\'t ride a little every day I get a little crazy.

EvilBetty

My 05 had a bad fuel sender.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

HockleyBoy

Nice looking bike, was the orange fuel light on?
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

tett

Yup,

She is out of gas.  AS expected.  

I only had a few minutes with her because my cousin and his girlfriend arrived from Europe a few hours before the bike so I needed to give my attention to them.  It was hard sitting at the dinner table making conversation when this new toy was outside waiting to be fondled.

Looking forward to today when I really get to know her.  First ride in  few hours!

Thanks for all the replies.  Will post some better pics soon.

Cheers!

tett
98 Valkyrie
71 Commando
06 Tiger

Nimrod11

Quote from: "tett"Also, is there an owner's handbook online?  My bike came from Quebec with only a French one.
tett

Tett, congrats on the new bike. Gorgeous!

I found a manual online. Iĺl try to find the link and post it here.

Cheers!
----------
Tiger 2004

tett

1st Impressions

Wow!

That said:
-Very quick off the mark.  Never had a sports bike etc.. except for older CB750's and other vintage bikes which are not nearly as quick.
-Sitting height is huge.  I feel like a giraffe flying down the road.
-Very nimble and light.  Remember, I am used to a Valkyrie.
-No buffeting problems.  Had it up to 140km/h (~87 mph) and enjoyed it any any speed.
-Will now need a full face helmet.  My 1/2 helmet with shield- just won't cut it on this bike.  Froze my face off.
-1st thing to get is a centre stand.  Crash bars a close second. Heated grips.  on and on.  The dollars are going to fly.
-Rear brake peddle way to small.  1st try really had to hunt of it.

All in all a very fun bike to ride.  Northern Quebec for 2010 and Inuvik 2011.

Cheers!!!
98 Valkyrie
71 Commando
06 Tiger

EvilBetty

Looks like your missing the left side swing arm bolt plug!

:D  Mine was too... it bugged the crap out of me for some reason... first part I ordered from the dealer.   :lol:

Nice bike!

80MPH Giraffes Unite!

tett

Nother few dollars to spend!  Still have many hours ahead of me to go over the bike and see what it is all about.  Will definately get the plug.  Thanks!

Chain is also too losse.  On all my other bikes in the past I likes about 15mm travel max.  Same on this ?

Cheers!

Mike

Quote from: "EvilBetty"Looks like your missing the left side swing arm bolt plug!

:D  Mine was too... it bugged the crap out of me for some reason... first part I ordered from the dealer.   :lol:

Nice bike!

80MPH Giraffes Unite!
98 Valkyrie
71 Commando
06 Tiger

EvilBetty

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic. ... hain+slack

And...  If you have the same "new toy" bug I get, you'll probably want to be shining it up.  That stainless steel exhaust can look brand new.  Go pick up some cheap toilet bowel cleaner that has a high concentration of Hydrogen Chloride (HCL, Hydrochloric Acid, etc).  Mine was 20% HCL.  Get some chemical resistant rubber gloves from the paint section and then using a rag and a hose, wipe on the toilet bowl cleaner on the pipes.  Be quick to rise it off thoroughly if it gets on anything but the exhaust.  Most of the times they will shine like new afterward.

Stretch

Lovely bike.

A set of crash bars was the very first thing I bought for mine.  The tank is an 800-dollar (US) item from the dealer, so the crash bars
 will pay for themselves the very first time you drop it.

And with the height and weight of these things, they do get dropped.

atokad

Great bikes for sure. No crash bars for me yet.  :(

But I do have Toilet Bowl cleaned exhaust!

It took me a bit to get used to the brake pedal, but it will happen for you eventually.

Enjoy, this is a great forum for how to and resources.

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: tettChain is also too losse.  On all my other bikes in the past I likes about 15mm travel max.  Same on this ?

Do a search about chain adjustment and you will find that the Tigger likes it loose !! the chain will tighten as you load up the bike !!

Welcome to forum !!

KK

ps no heated grips on an 06 Tigger ?? there should be a switch on the left side of the dash !!
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly