News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Lost a turn signal, time for customization?

Started by tazshido, June 17, 2010, 07:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tazshido

So I'm coming home from dropping my son off at school, in high winds (Wyoming, it happens ALL the time), and unfortunately it is getting to election time so everyone with an opinion has those stupid "Vote for my guy" posters in their yards. The wind blew a large poster sign into my bike while I was at about 35 MPH and it knocked my turn signal bezel off the rubber mount. I couldn't find it when I went back and Triumph only sells the whole signal, mount and all. Since it seems a little pricey, I'm thinking of doing something interesting to replace the fronts.

I was thinking of trying to turn the holes in the turn signal covers into flush style signals. I'm just not sure if those holes are there to allow some kind of cooling to the electronics behind the fairing. If I block the airflow, will I be overheating something?

I'm looking at a set of LED zx14 flush mounts that might look pretty good sitting in there. And yes, I know I'll have to add a resistor to my curcuits.
Felis Tigris Argentum

Est non aevum, est loginquitas!
Semper Fidelis

tyger

I'd have to run out and look at the tiger, but when I busted one off my old klx400 in the woods I replaced them with aerodynamic low profile sport-bike signals to avoid future breakage.

They were just like these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motorcyc ... ccessories

But I'm not sure there's enough flat side space up front on the tiger.
\'05 Tiger, BRG
tyger, tyger, burning bright...
What immortal hand or eye/ Could frame thy fearful symmetry? (W.Blake)