News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

12,000 mile sevice

Started by daveb, July 18, 2011, 10:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveb

Got the Girly booked in for her 12,000 mile service.  Not bad I have covered 8000 miles in 14 months these are commuting miles mostly dont get out for rides much

KuzzinKenny

Hey daveb !! thought you'd be doin that one yerself  :wink:

http://www.triumph.co.uk/media/enTiger9 ... nwards.pdf

or at least do as much as ya can and let them finish it !!

of coarse, i keep forgettin that not everyones as tight as me    :shock:  :lol:

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Chris Canning

Quote from: "KuzzinKenny"Hey daveb !! thought you'd be doin that one yerself  :wink:

KK

It is funny how money and bargain tend to be words monopolised by the Jocks on this board  :)

daveb

Cheers Kenny, for a second I thought you were from West Wales, they are tight there, my mate fitted double glazing to his house so the kids couldn't hear the ice cream van.

TBH the shed I keep the tiger in is only about 2 longer and 3 ft wider than the bike, so space is tight especially when it shares the shed with other bits n bobs.

I know I could do it my self when it doesn't rain, but its Wales, I only have to travel 50 glorious miles to the Triumph dealer.

I need them also to check out the error codes after I had the battery off for a little too long when it marked its territory.

plus I got so much work on at work at the moment converting graphics from screen printing to a digital process printer. and I have picked a few new airbrushing projects for the evenings, go some welder masks to spray up. I just finished a walking stick with skulls and true flames on it.

so May be next time if i get chance.

Tigertriple

Quote from: "KuzzinKenny"Hey daveb !! thought you'd be doin that one yerself  :wink:

KK

It's not a case of being tight, it's about not buying a dog and barking yourself. Why pay dealers over the odds for some spotty trainee mechanic to run an oily rag over your bike and charge a couple of hundred quid for the privilege. A chimp could do this service.

We Scots are always seen as being tight by the biggest bunch of buying a round in the pub avoiding whingers.  :D
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "Chris Canning"

KK

It is funny how money and bargain tend to be words monopolised by the Jocks on this board  :)

In my case its a necessity as i've no income  :(  due to bein redundant  :(

:roll:

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

yack_ass

OK seriously, they stopped making girlies in 2006 and people still have 12,000 mile services?

What have you been doing? Looking at them?

PeteH

Quote from: "KuzzinKenny"or at least do as much as ya can and let them finish it !!

Agree...probably just to check your valves...put in new plugs and air filter. Also you dont need a main dealer to do it, any decent independant will sort it and probably be cheaper.

Keep your chin up KK and hope you get sorted soon.
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "PeteH"Keep your chin up KK and hope you get sorted soon.

:thumbsup

KK

daveb

Quote from: "yack_ass"OK seriously, they stopped making girlies in 2006 and people still have 12,000 mile services?

I agree with you, I know exactly what you mean, I bought my Girly last April on an 07 plate but a 2006 model. It had only covered 4100 miles in 3 years.  WTF I Bought it was as it was good purchase, considering I covered 65,500 mile in 10 years on my old TDM850, the 1st year covered approx 20,000 miles (commuting only)

so far I have covered a reasonable distance in just over a year only commuting (8000 miles). I was talking to a guy last week he bought an R1 with 4000 miles on it, but it was a 99 model, he was told it never seen any rain with its previous owner.

sorry Kenny to hear about your job,  :(

Tigertriple

Quote from: "KuzzinKenny"

KK

KK

I'm sorry to hear that. I know how it feels. Keep yer chin up, I'm sure your luck will change for the better and a new job will come your way very soon.
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

Chris Canning

Quote from: "KuzzinKenny"

KK

KK

Was made redundant in 71, 85, and in 97 all 3 times times felt like an absolute disaster,as it turned out the best thing ever,I'm a beleaver in fate,whats mean't to be is mean't to be.

Mustang

Quote from: "yack_ass"OK seriously, they stopped making girlies in 2006 and people still have 12,000 mile services?

ummmm......leftovers and low mileage second hand purchases would be my guess, they are out there still with 1 owner low miles to be bought up .

daveb

Quote from: "Mustang"

ummmm......leftovers and low mileage second hand purchases would be my guess, they are out there still with 1 owner low miles to be bought up .

yep, mine was like that,  :D

Timbox2

Mines just had its 5th Service since I got it last January(2010), 28k Ive done, bike is now at 48k, think head bearings are on the menu.
2016 Tiger Sport