News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fuse fury and funny moments

Started by avo, August 29, 2011, 10:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peds

After nigh on 25 years as an Auto Electrician, can I just say that by-passing fuses is NOT adviseable :shock: .

They are put there to act as the weakest point in the circuit and if you choose to by pass it, just be aware that if you have not fully rectified your fault, things could turn nasty......just think where your 'Crown Jewels' are located and what sits (in a PLASTIC enclosure) just to the north of them!!

You sound like you know what you are talking about, but I personally would advise a good quality waterproof 'in-liner', just to be safe.

Try one of these for size:

http://www.towzatronics.com/waterproof- ... -136-p.asp

For the sake of a quid fifty, it may save a much more expensive component later.  :D  :D
"I\'d rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle."

"Never ride faster than your guardian angel".

avo

Hi Peds, Probably a poorly worded explanation on my part but fuse 2 in the fusebox is bypassed by the mod but it also includes an additional 30 amp inline fuse very similar to the one you posted a link to but without the LED. So replacing the 30 amp fuse (fuse2) in the fusebox would have been a better description. The mod just shortened the path from the DC output of the R/R to the Battery and includes an inline fuse.

Nicely put though. I wouldn't want to be sitting on top of a potential BBQ at 70mph. :shock:
Tiger 955i (02)
Honda Fireblade (96)
Rusty transit van (10 b.c)