News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

WANTED -Girly TIGER PREFERABLY CAST WHEEL MODEL

Started by Bakerboy, September 03, 2011, 06:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bakerboy

Travelled to romford to view a 2006 tiger today described as excellent,well he must have been stevie wonder a it was the biggest piece of sh*t I have ever seen for a 2006 model,must have lived outside all it's life,has cost me the hire of a trailer & fuel money,does anyone have a genuine Girly for sale ?I have cash waiting for the right bike. :cry:

rybes

theres quite a few on ebay at the mo :wink:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

metalguru

Have a look at this, it belongs to tigertriple on here, can't get much more bike for your money.

Ebay
Item number: 140590258085
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Bakerboy

Quote from: "metalguru"Have a look at this, it belongs to tigertriple on here, can't get much more bike for your money.

Ebay
Item number: 140590258085
would love it but its outside my budget :cry:

Chris Canning

As I said to you in the PM,that 955 thats in the forsale section thats the best priced 955 I've seen for many a day,or anyone else looking for one,a few years ago the backside fell out of the market for 955's then of recent has stiffened up,but I would have thought you'll be going some to get a mag wheel in decent nick for less than three and a half.

metalguru

:iagree

How much do you expect to pay for a clean one?

As you have found out the cheaper ones need some work, you will probably spend as much cleaning up a cheaper one....But there again it's only dirt and elbow grease. Mine was a fair bit under list but after a few hours, (ok I have all the chemicals and a steam cleaner) it looked like it just came from the showroom.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
1993 DR200
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
2 Crossers

Bakerboy

Quote from: "metalguru":iagree

How much do you expect to pay for a clean one?

As you have found out the cheaper ones need some work, you will probably spend as much cleaning up a cheaper one....But there again it's only dirt and elbow grease. Mine was a fair bit under list but after a few hours, (ok I have all the chemicals and a steam cleaner) it looked like it just came from the showroom.
I would consider the last of the spoked wheel model tiger's,not sure the colour black does the tiger justice?looking to spend approx 3k

metalguru

Plenty to choose from at that price but dealer prices are strongest, ebay or bike trader are giving plenty of choice for that money.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
1993 DR200
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
2 Crossers

Bakerboy

Quote from: "metalguru"Plenty to choose from at that price but dealer prices are strongest, ebay or bike trader are giving plenty of choice for that money.
How new a model should I expect to buy for 3k?
found a 2004  @ a stealer,23k,described as pristine,best he will do is £2925

metalguru

Sounds like a good deal from a stealer.

Could wait a month or three and a better deal can be had.

Thing is if you like the bike then it is a good price.

Have a close look at the front of the engine and rads for clean paint and condition and the wheel hubs for silver alloy colour and not black dirt corrosion.

OR...pass us the dealer web address so we can all have a look...More eyes and opinions always count.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
1993 DR200
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
2 Crossers

Bakerboy

Quote from: "metalguru"Sounds like a good deal from a stealer.

Have a close look at the front of the engine and rads for clean paint and condition and the wheel hubs for silver alloy colour and not black dirt corrosion.

OR...pass us the dealer web address so we can all have a look...More eyes and opinions always count.
http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/uvl/la ... 517/419517

Timbox2

Give it a few weeks and the markets yours, but I still reckon the £2300 Black one looks a bargain as others have said, but if black aint your colour.......
2016 Tiger Sport

metalguru

Quote from: "Bakerboy"

Looks quite sound, right on the change to mag wheels, powder coat frame is much better than the silver paint. If you do veiw, look under the sump for dirt/damage as dealers never do clean the sump plate.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
1993 DR200
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
2 Crossers

Bakerboy

Quote from: "metalguru"
Quote from: "Bakerboy"

Looks quite sound, right on the change to mag wheels, powder coat frame is much better than the silver paint. If you do veiw, look under the sump for dirt/damage as dealers never do clean the sump plate.
Gel seats?,engine bars,just a shame I have already bought a hugger for the cast wheel model :cry:
done a hpi,all clear 4 previous owners/good or bad?

metalguru

:ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :BangHead

Always sell it!!!!
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
1993 DR200
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
2 Crossers