News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Meet Up 2012

Started by aesdj, January 11, 2012, 11:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theclowncrusty

blacktiger + 2 meals & booked and paid in full
nickcalne, + 2 Meals
Mat-tiger1 + 2 meals & booked and paid in full
aesdj + 2 meals & booked and paid in full.
NeilD + 2 meals & booked and paid in full
BB + 4 meals & booked and paid in full
rf9rider + 2 meals & booked and paid in full
Metalguru + 2 meals & booked and paid in full
CoolHandLuke + 2 meals
TheclownCrusty,2 meals please & booked with deposit paid.

mat-tiger1

Quote from: "blacktiger"I've posted a route from the south east on Tigerrides site where it can be downloaded.... http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/uk_ ... es/Routes/  

Runs from basically the M25 across to mat-tiger1 in Cannock and up to the campsite from there. If anyone wants to join the convoy you can see where we're going. Just tell us where you'll join in.

Hi TheclownCrusty, FYI, if you fancy some company along the way, see above  :roll:  :D

Tiger convoy anyone :?:  8)
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

theclowncrusty

Hi, have just posted this message on the Tiger rides forum as listed in the above thread. Thought i would post it on here as well. See you guys soon.......Crusty

Hi guys i have just joined this forum from a thread on the TigerTriple website about the 2012 annual rally in Yorkshire. Just wondered when people were heading up and where from. I am on earlies at work on Solihull that morning so will finish about 12.30pm. Anyone around in that area at that time?
Crusty (Mark Kilsby)

blacktiger

Quote from: "theclowncrusty"Hi, have just posted this message on the Tiger rides forum as listed in the above thread. Thought i would post it on here as well. See you guys soon.......Crusty

Hi guys i have just joined this forum from a thread on the TigerTriple website about the 2012 annual rally in Yorkshire. Just wondered when people were heading up and where from. I am on earlies at work on Solihull that morning so will finish about 12.30pm. Anyone around in that area at that time?
Crusty (Mark Kilsby)

You won't get much action on there. That site is pretty much defunct because the people who started it have moved on to other bikes.
I use it as a convenient place to hold Garmin .gdb files where other people, such as you, can download them.
You say "that morning". Do you mean Friday or Saturday? I think most will be arriving at the camp site Friday evening hence the two meals etc. being Friday and Saturday nights.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

NKL

Right, I've been watching this for a while and even tho' I have jumped ship, as an ex tiger owner I thought I would meet up with you all again,  just don't take the pee out of my KTM it gets upset easily.

blacktiger + 2 meals & booked and paid in full
nickcalne, + 2 Meals
Mat-tiger1 + 2 meals & booked and paid in full
aesdj + 2 meals & booked and paid in full.
NeilD + 2 meals & booked and paid in full
BB + 4 meals & booked and paid in full
rf9rider + 2 meals & booked and paid in full
Metalguru + 2 meals & booked and paid in full
CoolHandLuke + 2 meals
TheclownCrusty,2 meals please & booked with deposit paid.
NKL + 2 meals, booked and paid in full.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

theclowncrusty

Hi, i have to work till midday Friday then straight to the rally from Solihull. I have booked two meals for Friday and saturday night. What about breakfast? Does the pub do these of have i got to bring the bacon and mushrooms and fire the stove up for tea and butties? LOL Also i will need tyres before the rally so my question is, how extreme is the rideout? Will i get away with the normal dual sport type tyres or will i have to order some TKC`s?
Crusty

blacktiger

Quote from: "theclowncrusty"Hi, i have to work till midday Friday then straight to the rally from Solihull. I have booked two meals for Friday and saturday night. What about breakfast? Does the pub do these of have i got to bring the bacon and mushrooms and fire the stove up for tea and butties? LOL Also i will need tyres before the rally so my question is, how extreme is the rideout? Will i get away with the normal dual sport type tyres or will i have to order some TKC`s?
Crusty

Have a look at my route. I'm reckoning on getting to Mat-tiger1 in Cannock around 1pm. Seems the timings might work out.

mat-tiger1

Quote from: "blacktiger"
Quote from: "theclowncrusty"Hi, i have to work till midday Friday then straight to the rally from Solihull. I have booked two meals for Friday and saturday night. What about breakfast? Does the pub do these of have i got to bring the bacon and mushrooms and fire the stove up for tea and butties? LOL Also i will need tyres before the rally so my question is, how extreme is the rideout? Will i get away with the normal dual sport type tyres or will i have to order some TKC`s?
Crusty

Have a look at my route. I'm reckoning on getting to Mat-tiger1 in Cannock around 1pm. Seems the timings might work out.

Yup, tea & biccies at mine then off we go  :!:
Hopefully we'll have some trail-riding of sorts (or at least some fording over the weekend  :?: :?:  :!: tradition :!::twisted:)
Because the Girly's having some new boots & i'm buying Soupy's engine bars from him too :P Better safe than sorry :shock:  :lol:
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

theclowncrusty

Hi BlackTiger, where should i be looking to find your route to the rally?

blacktiger

Quote from: "theclowncrusty"Hi BlackTiger, where should i be looking to find your route to the rally?

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/uk_ ... es/Routes/

You might have to join the group but it's free.

aesdj

Quote from: "theclowncrusty"What about breakfast? Does the pub do these of have i got to bring the bacon and mushrooms and fire the stove up for tea and butties? LOL Also i will need tyres before the rally so my question is, how extreme is the rideout? Will i get away with the normal dual sport type tyres or will i have to order some TKC`s?
Crusty
Hi crusty and nice that your coming along. Everyone will be fending for themselves as far as breakfast goes. Don't worry blacktiger does a mean bacon butty  :lol: . As far as the ride on Saturday, 80/90 % of it is on narrow single track tarmac roads. Theres nothing to stop and look at like last year, this ride is all about the cracking views.If you look at the first post on page one the details are there. I asked if anyone wanted any off road stuff but no one seened bother'd which suits me as my tiger doesn't like getting her feet mucky  :lol:

NeilD

Quote from: "aesdj"[ which suits me as my tiger doesn't like getting her feet mucky  :lol:

+1  :D

Bixxer Bob

.....Or wet  :twisted:

And I'll be two-up this year so the chance of me going anywhere near a ford is about the same as the square root of f**k-all.....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

blacktiger

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob".....Or wet  :twisted:

And I'll be two-up this year so the chance of me going anywhere near a ford is about the same as the square root of f**k-all.....

Spoil sport. :roll:

And none of you ain't getting near my bacon.

rf9rider

Nothing off road for me either, don`t want to bend my wheels  :lol: