News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

How much Fork Sag are you running?

Started by Ironhorse, April 20, 2012, 05:27:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironhorse

I am setting up a pair of forks on my 2001 and need some advice as to the preload. I will be riding loaded most of the time on gravel and some dirt. The springs are supposed to be Race Tech with Gold valve emulators. The preload was way too much at the start and I took off about 1 1/2". That is still compressing the spring about 2 1/2".

It feels pretty firm but I could live with it. Almost no dive when braking. Large difference over the stock set. With me aboard but no extra gear, I think I am sagging about 1/2".

Joe

JTT

Quote from: "Ironhorse"I am setting up a pair of forks on my 2001 and need some advice as to the preload. I will be riding loaded most of the time on gravel and some dirt. The springs are supposed to be Race Tech with Gold valve emulators. The preload was way too much at the start and I took off about 1 1/2". That is still compressing the spring about 2 1/2".

It feels pretty firm but I could live with it. Almost no dive when braking. Large difference over the stock set. With me aboard but no extra gear, I think I am sagging about 1/2".

Joe

1/2" sag from fully extended?  That seems excessively stiff.
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C