News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

UK 2013 Meetup (was Save confusion on up coming meets(UK Meet ups)

Started by aesdj, September 10, 2012, 09:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rf9rider

I`m away in Gran Canaria first 2 weeks in July, so anything after that is good for me.

So 3rd weekend isn`t good for a couple of you, how about last weekend in July then?

blacktiger

Quote from: aesdj on January 24, 2013, 08:27:32 PM
Quote from: blacktiger on January 24, 2013, 08:12:34 PM
Yeah. I can't do that weekend. :violent1

I think maybe it might be best if we pick a date that everyone agrees on as Bixxer,BlackTiger and Fross carnt make that weekend. Having a set date for every year is a good idea but in practice maybe its not the best. I'm easy for anytime and I'd rather there be a good turn out than stick to a set date and only a few of us turn up. As I said for me it doesnt matter but what do you guys think?

Well I have to say I thought the Poll thing worked OK because we could then pick the weekend with the most votes. Alright, it takes a little longer but there'll always be some that are disappointed.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Bixxer Bob

If we're doing Norfolk that weekend is ok for me, if we're doing Scotland it's not as we're racing at Pembry the previous weekend and I promised the management a few days kicking back afterwards so I don't get home from S Wales until Thursday evening.

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rf9rider

So how about another meet later in the year for those who can`t make this one?

Maybe September time?

Just an idea  :sign13

mat-tiger1

Quote from: aesdj on January 24, 2013, 08:27:32 PM
Quote from: blacktiger on January 24, 2013, 08:12:34 PM
Yeah. I can't do that weekend. :violent1

I think maybe it might be best if we pick a date that everyone agrees on as Bixxer,BlackTiger and Fross carnt make that weekend. Having a set date for every year is a good idea but in practice maybe its not the best. I'm easy for anytime and I'd rather there be a good turn out than stick to a set date and only a few of us turn up. As I said for me it doesnt matter but what do you guys think?

:iagree + 1 on that. I'd rather more able to attend & shift dates as necessary, than set an annual date only a few can make!
The more the merrier! :occasion14 :thumbsup
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

blacktiger

So what I think we need is another different poll with a choice for every weekend through July, August and September where....and this is the important bit....you can tick ALL the weekends that you can attend. If that's possible. Then we simply pick the weekend with the most ticks at the end of April, say.
In the meantime, the location for camping and beer and routes for rides can be sorted.

Bixxer Bob

I'll  pm Mustang, if that's too hard, I'll repost to say just give me the dates and I'll knock up a spreadsheet,publish it and keep it updated.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

metalguru

4th weekend is good for me or have to rely on gamble of applying for annual leave.

Thought this may be of interest......
http://www.content-delivery.co.uk/aviation/airfields/regional/Norfolk.html
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Bixxer Bob

I was thinking of researching some of the many byways and green lanes as well.  There's a very good map with them all marked on it, BUT most are not for cars or bikes.  I'll see what I can do over the coming weeks.  It would be nice to find some that are off the main routes but not so challenging that they become difficult if we've had a lot of rain.

Fross

Quote from: rf9rider on January 24, 2013, 09:37:12 PM
So 3rd weekend isn`t good for a couple of you, how about last weekend in July then?

I'm good for the last weekend of July, if you was to choose that date. But I do know there'll always be someone disappointed, it'll be impossible to choose a date that suits everyone. So don't change things on my account. :doubt
After riding through Watton yesterday I can confirm the roads are nice and twisty but with fresh fallen snow during the night, I was being extra careful. Camping in the snow was fun, I admit it was a new experience for me.  I met another 955i Tiger owner at the rally and suggested he has a look at this site. :thumbsup
2005 Tiger plus a few Norton's dating from 1951 to 1972. New winter bike Kawasaki W650.
British Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

John Stenhouse

Some nice big trailie green lanes in the Cotswolds, me I'd be happy on any weekend that wasn't in July  :pottytrain2
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

blacktiger

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on January 27, 2013, 06:18:24 PM
I was thinking of researching some of the many byways and green lanes as well.  There's a very good map with them all marked on it, BUT most are not for cars or bikes.  I'll see what I can do over the coming weeks.  It would be nice to find some that are off the main routes but not so challenging that they become difficult if we've had a lot of rain.

If you need me to contact the local TRF let me know.

Bixxer Bob

Can't do any harm H especially if they can advise routes that are not too challenging for inexperienced riders on heavy bikes.

blacktiger

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on January 28, 2013, 01:51:19 PM
Can't do any harm H especially if they can advise routes that are not too challenging for inexperienced riders on heavy bikes.

I'll try to remember nearer the time. We should wait to see what sort of summer we get. If it's all under water it'll be irrelevant anyway.

NKL

I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100