News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Introducing the Dutch Queen

Started by Dutch, March 23, 2013, 05:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Quote from: Dutch on April 04, 2013, 07:45:57 PM
When I bought the bike the seller warned me that the rear wheel bearings might need replacing in the near future. Turned out the wheel bearings are ok, but the bearing of the sprocket carrier was knackered. Nearby Triumph dealer had it on stock, so just replaced it. Most likely the previous owner (or person who's done the last maintainance) forgot the Tiger's chain needs more slack than most road bikes.

Nothing to do with Triumph or tight chains,I've done one as well on a Dymags.

Dutch

Quote from: Chris Canning on April 14, 2013, 06:11:45 PM
Bearings can go for a number of reasons. Imho a tight chain can be a big contributor.

Just fixed the horn. Still a bit of a Girly sound instead of a tiger roar, but will do. Also bought a set of used seats. My rider seat feels a bit tired, as if the previous 40 kM / 63t km were done by a sizable person  :hat10

And if it's a Tiger thing I can see if I can get the seat redone to my tush   :pottytrain2
And get me a set of eye-bolts, there is that neat hole under the passenger sets to put it. The eye can then hold a strap to fixate luggage.

And to the impatient readers, the GPR muffler will be on the bike soon  :hat10

blacktiger

Quote from: Dutch on April 19, 2013, 06:20:37 PM
Also bought a set of used seats. My rider seat feels a bit tired, as if the previous 40 kM / 63t km were done by a sizable person  :hat10

And if it's a Tiger thing I can see if I can get the seat redone to my tush   :pottytrain2

The standard seat on my 2002 was a 50 miler. i.e. after 50 miles I'd had enough! I bought the Triumph gel seat (£110 at the time) and it's superb. Hope you get yours sorted.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Chris Canning

Quote from: Dutch on April 19, 2013, 06:20:37 PM
Quote from: Chris Canning on April 14, 2013, 06:11:45 PM
Bearings can go for a number of reasons. Imho a tight chain can be a big contributor.

My 955i is my third tiger,I made my mistakes with the two prvious 885i's,my present bike has even been close to a tight chain in 12 years of ownership from and the bearing still went belly up and not a Triumph one either.

Chris Canning

[/quote]

The standard seat on my 2002 was a 50 miler. i.e. after 50 miles I'd had enough! I bought the Triumph gel seat (£110 at the time) and it's superb. Hope you get yours sorted.
[/quote]

I remember some years ago reading a post like this and was daft enough to beleave it,bought a front and rear gel seat off ebay,rode 100 miles down the road we!!! both thought they were great,did a long trip to southern Europe what a F*****g nightmare,as luck would have it I've always a second opinion with my other half on the back and she said the same by the time you've done 3/400 miles it's sitting on a park bench absolute unadultered murder,found another mug on ebay and sold e'm.

Oh did mention leaving the bike in the sun and then sitting on them :pottytrain2,thats about the same colour as my arse was!!!

Dutch

Here it is, I like it 

This is the short version, 40 cm begin to end (16"). The hull itself is 31 cm (12" and a bit). There is also a 45 cm / 18" version of this muffler. I mounted it digitaly.

The sound is totally cool and there is more then enough room between muffler and the Triumph case.

blacktiger

Quote from: Chris Canning on April 19, 2013, 11:14:49 PM
I remember some years ago reading a post like this and was daft enough to beleave it,bought a front and rear gel seat off ebay,rode 100 miles down the road we!!! both thought they were great,did a long trip to southern Europe what a F*****g nightmare,as luck would have it I've always a second opinion with my other half on the back and she said the same by the time you've done 3/400 miles it's sitting on a park bench absolute unadultered murder,found another mug on ebay and sold e'm.

Oh did mention leaving the bike in the sun and then sitting on them :pottytrain2,thats about the same colour as my arse was!!!

Your arse is obviously more delicate than mine Chris. That gel seat is an 10 hour day, 10 days running seat for me.

chappers

i can only do about 300 miles on my standard seat with out it feeling my piles have been through a cheese grater  :pottytrain2

Chris Canning

Quote from: blacktiger on April 20, 2013, 06:47:56 PM
Quote from: Chris Canning on April 19, 2013, 11:14:49 PM

Your arse is obviously more delicate than mine Chris. That gel seat is an 10 hour day, 10 days running seat for me.

You may well be right, I thought it was crap,my wife said it was bloody rubbish.

Chris Canning

Quote from: chappers on April 20, 2013, 07:33:14 PM
i can only do about 300 miles on my standard seat with out it feeling my piles have been through a cheese grater  :pottytrain2

There's no substitute for being race fit there isn't a seat in the world that will make up for that,we'd been on the road nearly two weeks and had already travelled down to Mugello for the Italian GP across Italy/SOF to Andorra and then onto Barcelone for the GP the following weekend,got up monday morning and rode 1050 mile in 16 hours and that included the Dover/Calais ferry all done on a stock seat,well a brand new one bought off ebay for 40 quid,it'll be going to Assen in June and september Le-Mans for the 24 hour and then down to Aragon for the GP,Bilbao and home.

Bixxer Bob

Have to say I did the same as Chris, bought one, me and the wife thought it was brilliant first couple of short trips, but long miles, extreme hot or extreme cold?  Forget it.  Seems it suits some, not others, you speak as you find.... :thumbsup
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Dutch

Today I've done some topless riding. Must admit I quite liked it. But then again, I do come off a naked  :love10

* without windscreen, less turbulence around my helmet.

Dutch

Starting tomorrow there will be only ONE Dutch Queen...  MINE    :hat10
Oh crap, I forgot there is this Argentinian chick who can call herself queen from tomorrow on. And definatly cannot call here "mine", pretty sure my wife won't appreciate that 

The bike looks a bit sorrow now, with both front legs amputated. The're out for a full check-up and service. For the rear I have ordered a fully adjustable Wilbers with hydraulic preload. Quite an investment, but is does help if you're a Wilbers dealer to start with ;)

Dutch

Update: the serviced front forks have gone back in the bike, overhauled the front calipers and had the bike out for a nice spin: 4 days in the German Eifel. Some of the best roads don't have the best surface, so was quite happy to be on an allroad. The rear suspension did the job, but imho not much more than that. Pretty sure the Wilbers that's on order wil cure that (it bl***y well should considering the cost  :icon_wink: ).

The speedo issue is discussed in another tread. According to gps we did 1157 km, almost 20 hours on the move. Weather could have been better, but could have been worse also. Most important, kept the nownotsoshinyside up and the rubber side down. Gear changes could be smoother, but I love that engine  :icon_salut: And the tank range is a lot better than the 262 km / 16.2 litre I got with the Tuono. What's the most one can fill up btw?

blacktiger

Quote from: Dutch on May 13, 2013, 08:49:25 PM. What's the most one can fill up btw?

Over the years the opinion is that you can use 23.5 litres of the 24 litre official capacity. You've got 4 litres left when the fuel light comes on.  However, these plastic tanks are rumoured to get bigger with age so you may get more than 24 litres in there.