News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Introducing the Dutch Queen

Started by Dutch, March 23, 2013, 05:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dutch

Is this the right topic? Think it is. Don't worry, it's not about

But considering my forum name and the bike's colour, the topic title seemed appropriate   :hat10

Today, I  :wave the Aprilia Tuono goodbye.

Had it for three years and it's a magnificent machine. Had the FZ 750 for almost 18 years, very nice bike as well. Here are both on the D526 towards the Col de la Croix Fer / Col du Glandon in the French Alps.

A bit about me: I am located in the Netherlands. My name is Noud, I'm in my fourties and I run a company that sells motorcycle parts and accessories

I don't know exactly what the rules are on this board, but don't worry. It's just to paint the picture, I wound't mention it again (unless it would be appreciated).

The bike: I have posted some pictures in the Girly Picture tread. It is a 2005 Tiger in Orange, started life as a demo bike, one owner since then. Bought it three weeks ago with 63tkm on the clock. That's slightly under 40 kM for you Brits and Yanks. Very much standard, apart from a Triumph tank bag and inner bags for the cases. Fitted with almost new Battlewings.

I mounted the Zumo 660 on the handle bar. Juice comes from the accessorie plug. The cable is visible on the picture with the cases. Maybe I'll change that later. First weather has to improve so I can get to know the big cat. It is a bit more top heavy than I anticipated, so second addition after the gps is a set of Fehling bars.

Things on the to do list:
- new muffler (already ordered a GPR Furore Nero Italia)
- weld the bracket that holds the bash plate
- have the front fork serviced
- new rear wheel bearings
- have the injection suit the new muffler.

I will probably also replace the shock by a high end shock from Wilbers, Hyperpro or Yacugar. And maybe the front brake calipers need to be serviced. I'm not much of a cleaner or polisher. I don't even mind a smaller scratch or a bit of rust on the exhaust or so. But I do like my bikes to be in a proper condition technically.

That's it for now, I'll post again when there are new developments.

Cheers, Dutch

blacktiger

Yep, seen your posts over on the picture thread. Welcome to Tiger ownership. Lovely bikes with armchair comfort.

Re the GPS feed. I installed a socket in the dash on mine. Been there about 9 years so far. Still working. Just find a switched feed under the fairing somewhere. Leaves the under seat one free for heated clothing.
Just below the heated grips switch.

2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Dutch

Yesterday I received a parcel for the orange girl:

The muffler itself is relatively short, only 40 cm (16") overall. Hope this is not too short when the cases are on the bike. I'll try it out and I can always order a slightly longer one.

blacktiger

Hope it's right as that label says "Tiger900".
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Dutch

Actually it says New Tiger 900. The 'old' 900 being the Steamer. Afaik all Girlies (885i and 955i) have the same muffler. I'll find out soon  :hat10

Marc

:eusa_clap  Congratulations Dutch!  You'll enjoy that bike so much
Tiger Explorer Graphite 2013
Bonneville SE 2010 (missus)
previous bikes:
   Tiger 955i Orange  2003
   BMW K1  1989
   Ducati 750S '72
   Matchless G80 '57
   Matchless G3L '39

aesdj

Welcome and good bike choice. Loving the can, nice.

Sin_Tiger

Never seen a shortie can like that on a Girly, I imagine it will give the bike a very MX look  :thumbsup
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Dutch

When I bought the bike the seller warned me that the rear wheel bearings might need replacing in the near future. Turned out the wheel bearings are ok, but the bearing of the sprocket carrier was knackered. Nearby Triumph dealer had it on stock, so just replaced it. Most likely the previous owner (or person who's done the last maintainance) forgot the Tiger's chain needs more slack than most road bikes.

Dutch

Now the wheel is out I thought it would be a good idee to check the rear brake. Remove the pads, get the pistons out a bit, clean them, you get the idea. However the pins that hold the pads really stuck. Got one out, looks like no copper or ceramic grease has been used on them. The other one I managed to round off the inside of the head :(    Hope I don't have to drill it out, but looking for a new one wouldn't be a bad idea.

Dutch

so, nothing a torx bit and a big hammer couldn't fix.

... and a bit of penetration fluid. Wheel is back in, the chain a bit more slack than before. I'll test ride it this weekend.

daveb

chairhead

Welcome here Dutch,

pics of the end can on??
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Dutch

Pics with the can on will come when mounted. However when parked the muffler faces a wall and when riding I don't see it either. So not top priority I'm afraid.

Did get the bracket welded that holds the bash plate. It  was torn where it's welded on the no.1 pipe. Mate of a mate did a really good job Tig welding it. Riding away from his place I wanted to sound the horn as goodbye, horn did nothing. Fortunatly the brakes work  :hat10

An obvious reference to:

John Stenhouse

Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting