News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

engines locked up ?

Started by rybes, July 08, 2014, 12:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rf9rider

I know you`re gonna hate me for asking, but it wasn`t in gear when you tried to turn it over?

Stranger things have happened...................... :augie

nickjtc

Quote from: rf9rider on July 10, 2014, 01:30:50 AM
I know you`re gonna hate me for asking, but it wasn`t in gear when you tried to turn it over?

Been there, done that!  :icon_rolleyes:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

rf9rider

Quote from: nickjtc on July 10, 2014, 07:57:42 PM
Quote from: rf9rider on July 10, 2014, 01:30:50 AM

Been there, done that!  :icon_rolleyes:

Yup, thats why i asked.................. :icon_redface:

rybes

nah wernt in gear mate. theres was a horrible clonkin sound when i tried to turn it over. but good news  :icon_biggrin: took the engine to see my bike mechanic mate and he helped me get it together and now it turns over. the only thing we could think of, was the bolt that had broken on the alternator shaft either jammed somthin up or let the starter gear move enough to lock up. so switched the shaft around so broken bolt is at the alternator end. havnt replaced as i never had time to get one. so today im about to go out to the garage put the rest of the bits back on the engine and try to wrestle it in the frame n get it runnin today  :thumbsup fingers crossed and here goes  :wheel
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rybes

:ImaPoser :ImaPoser :ImaPoser well, it wernt the broken bolt, or in gear but ive just found out what caused it to lock up. anyone care to take a guess.

rf9rider

Something simple?

Good news its turning over.

rybes

was beyond simple but i aint sayin yet. altho i will say it wernt down to stupidity or lack of knowledge on what i was doin but as lack of knowledge on triumph engines

nickjtc

You've got us all waiting with great expectation.............. :augie
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

rybes

:wheel well, nearly. it in, it turns over but theres no petrol gettin through to the cylinders. i cleaned the carbs out before i put em on. what did i forget to do ? itll run on easy start. i was hopin itd pull the petrol through but it didnt.  :icon_scratch:

rf9rider

Flat battery?

C`mon, put us out of our misery.

rybes

i think ill run a cometition for a few days. winner gets a signed photograph of me on my bike and ill even sign it too  :thumbsup  :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

ram33

have carbs got petrol in? try undoing screws on float chambers to check
tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque

GavD

You were working on the wrong engine????? :BangHead
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

rybes

nope, right engine gav and ram, i checked the float bowls and they had petrol in. off out in the garage in a bit to rebuild the carbs n refit em and see if i can get it started tonight. fingers crossed

rybes