News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Radiator Hose Kit 955 2001/04

Started by Chris Canning, September 08, 2015, 09:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

I raised this subject a couple of years ago,contacted the suppliers but they wanted a minimum order of 10 sets!! Any interest ?,I believe you can get a set for the post 04 bike but not the earlier version.

The reason I ask for the first time in years the Tiger has been left at home as we make our way to the Misano GP and then onto the Bol,one of the problems being old water pipes.

Bixxer Bob

If they do a 2005 set I'd be interested;  are these silicon versions?  And if so are they black only or can they be coloured???
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

I'll talk to them when I get home,currently holed up in Aosta and certainly missing the Tiger oh for a 25l tank !!! and a bike that steers like a mini Moto with two people and a pile of gear  :icon_wink:

John Stenhouse

Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

It's catch 22!! a 955 Tiger is unable to deal with the Italian motorway traffic,I'm no some shrinking violet that is prepared to bimble along in the inside lane  :icon_wink:,the K certainly was able to stand its ground in the outside lane which was anything between 90 and 140.

Today we ride from Misano after the GP to Pisa over the mountains so yea another day for the Tiger :icon_salut: 

But the bottom line the old 955 isn't quite right and boy the motors certainly get a real hard time down here with the heat and for that reason I'm glad I haven't brought it.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: Chris Canning on September 15, 2015, 07:20:32 AM
.... and boy the motors certainly get a real hard time down here with the heat.......

Don't I know it  :icon_rolleyes:

Chris Canning

Having gone Calais/Chaumont/Aosta/Misano/Florence/Pisa and now in a little village called Sospel north of Menton I have had the delights of no holds barred Italy and back to what was once a great biking country called France which has had its balls cut off speeding wise,I have seen more speed traps in 3 days than I have in the last 40 years :icon_frown:

cba191

I might be interested.  What are we looking at pricewise?
'02 Tiger.  She's the awesome sauce

Chris Canning

Well I sent a mail to a company and they came back with ifs and buts and needing to do at least 10 kits blah blah blah.

As there is only really only this site and the few stragglers on the other its a cornered market in my book and as the bikes get older we are all going to need one and I'd need to strip my full set of water pipes off so they can copy them.

Looking at their other prices I'd guess around £110 ish

As an add on I have just found my mail from 2013 from a guy called Richard Murphy I hope he's still there!! and asked if he would put his two peneeth up on here.

If I have to I'll front the money for 10 sets but if I sell them on the cheap that will ruin the market structure,so we'll see what he says.

All of which will have to wait for a while as we are currently hiding from the sun( it's blistering)in our hotel room in Sanary near Toulon getting ready for the Bol.

cba191

are the oem parts no longer available?
'02 Tiger.  She's the awesome sauce

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Chris Canning on September 17, 2015, 04:40:40 PM
we are currently hiding from the sun( it's blistering)in our hotel room in Sanary near Toulon getting ready for the Bol.

:icon_rolleyes: go on rub it in, along with some sun block  :icon_razz:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Chris Canning

Quote from: cba191 on September 18, 2015, 09:02:41 AM
are the oem parts no longer available?

I have no idea but even if they are at what cost!!! And how old are they I have one brand new pipe still in the packing its 10 years old :icon_eek:

Besides the game has moved on since the stuff that fitted to our old 955's

JoeDirt

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on September 08, 2015, 09:57:49 PM
And if so are they black only or can they be coloured???

Colored!!! I want CAMMO!!!

motoOzarks

joe.........joe..........joe

get back with us when you find some with tiger stripes

maybe some that look like a tail
Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i