News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Constant Slack Chain. Time to replace?

Started by Danwarb, May 09, 2016, 04:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

they rust easier with lack of maintenance

Danwarb

Black 1995 Tiger 885
Every day is a school day.

Sin_Tiger

They don't make chains that don't rust to the best of my knowledge, they do however make many varieties of chain oil and chain grease, it even comes in spray cans, some small enough to put in your pocket  :icon_wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Danwarb

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on May 14, 2016, 08:54:10 PM
They don't make chains that don't rust to the best of my knowledge, they do however make many varieties of chain oil and chain grease, it even comes in spray cans, some small enough to put in your pocket  :icon_wink:

Hi Sin,

Yes i totally agree. I've found it easy to use a dry chain lubricant and I'll continue to do so. On that note I'll get a white metal finish X ring chain by DID as they seem to well rated.
Black 1995 Tiger 885
Every day is a school day.

BruKen

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on May 14, 2016, 01:17:48 PM
........... We're you happy with the way it was before, then just count the teeth on the ones you have and order the same combo or we'll send BruKen round with a pack of Jeyes finest medium grit paper   :mut

I wouldn't  :nono  Don't you be volunteering my services  :pottytrain2

Quote from: Danwarb on May 14, 2016, 01:50:16 PM
Thanks Sin.

I'm not looking at doing this my self as I've got a recommended mechanic that says he can do it for £45 !

Bite his hand off cos taking the nut off your front sprocket is going to take some serious muscle I'd imagine. When I got mine she had a wee bit of corrosion and I nearly got a hernia and burst my poop valve trying to undo it. I gave in and cut it off. Along with the tab washer you might want a new nut, just in case. It goes on pretty tight, ...scary tight for a meek stick man like myself

ssevy

Electric impact wrench is the sweet tool which you need. Every tool box should have one. Mine's a 20-year old Black & Decker. Has really saved my pucker string when working on really tight nuts and bolts.
I may not be big, but I'm slow.