News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2017 UK Meet 24-25 Jun

Started by Bixxer Bob, December 25, 2016, 07:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

blacktiger

Quote from: Bluesprint05 on May 28, 2017, 11:37:03 AM
Hi Guys

Looking forward to the weekend. Has anyone completed a Garmin GPS route, not sure if I can complete it, I am not as slow as I used to be, I'm slower!

Best Regards

Alan & Jan Wallington

You do realise Alan, that if you get to the bar first you have to buy all the drinks. :friday :occasion14 :wings
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Nick Calne

Here you go.  John's route, adjusted to start and finish at the marketplace in Lechlade with a few tweaks to add a bit of further interest. A few points on features and progress...

John has found us a cafe by a steam railway place to have a cuppa on route.  (gwsr.com - Toddington Station)

There is petrol in Lechlade and just outside Bourton on the Water (Slaughter Pike).  We should get round on a tank.

There are few fords, plus the possibility of a bonus one at Turkdean, note the wrinkle on the route.  We can just go straight if the water is not too bad.

Alarmingly steep right hand turn in Chipping Camden on to the High Street.

There is a short stretch of off road we can take south of Condicote which cuts off Upper and Lower Swell. Easy enough on road tyres.

I have bought a GPS so I shouldn't get us all lost.  (Tomtom rider 410 - thanks for the advice guys) I'm not any faster though, or any less distracted by the scenery, or more likely to remember to turn my indicators off, so expect to queue behind and unexpected changes of direction as per normal.

Happy to edit if anyone has any bright ideas to include.

One million pubs to stop in if required.  Be forewarned that in some Cotswold pubs beer is nearly at London prices. £5+ for a pint.  So don't go ordering a round of Estrella's at £6.25 each for everyone without contacting your bank first.  Not so in the Pubs in Lechalde though. Phew...

Not a mega adventurous ride but it is not the most mega adventurous area!  Very pretty route though, stunning in places, through the best bit of the UK in my view.  Cream teas are ubiquitously available throughout the trip.

JayDub

File won't open with goggle earth  :icon_mad:  So I'll just follow you lot... It usually works for me  :icon_biggrin:

blacktiger

Quote from: JayDub on June 03, 2017, 11:00:10 PM
File won't open with goggle earth  :icon_mad:  So I'll just follow you lot... It usually works for me  :icon_biggrin:

Use this. https://gpx2kml.com

Bluesprint05

Hi Guys

Here I go again. Regret cannot open route, displays too many waypoints, any ideas?

Regards

Alan

blacktiger

Quote from: Bluesprint05 on June 06, 2017, 11:39:26 AM
Hi Guys

Here I go again. Regret cannot open route, displays too many waypoints, any ideas?

Regards

Alan

Use Mapsource. Opens fine with that on my 'puter.

Bluesprint05

Hi H

I did use map source, I just cannot get on with Base Camp. Anyway I have recalculated the route manually, via Microsoft Auto Route, ITN converter and into Mapsource. Apart from one issue, the track between Cold Aston to Turkdean I think I am there.

Will now try to attach my route.

Alan

blacktiger

Quote from: Bluesprint05 on June 06, 2017, 01:36:17 PM
Hi H

I did use map source, I just cannot get on with Base Camp. Anyway I have recalculated the route manually, via Microsoft Auto Route, ITN converter and into Mapsource. Apart from one issue, the track between Cold Aston to Turkdean I think I am there.

Will now try to attach my route.

Alan

It seems from trying to download your route that you're using a VERY old NT v9 mapping in Mapsource which is probably why you couldn't open the .gpx file.
Mapsource and Basecamp are two different things. A .gpx file should just open with Mapsource without any need for modification.

Nick Calne

There is a proper road from Cold Ashton to Turkdean to the North of the lane shown which I suspect nearly everyone will take.  I put the route shown in to remind me to mention the off road bit.  I did it on the steamer in the torrential rain on Sunday but it wasn't completely 'easy' on road tyres.  Some people might like it.  H will, Ivor will I'm sure.  If it is dry we would all make it.  Horses for courses.  I think I'll be staying on the road to the north though.  My steamer is supposed to be retired from all off road duty.

The ford at Turkdean is not passable btw.  Well it is, the track to it is not.

I rode most of the route on Sunday to check it over again, but the rain was so intense I went home after Turkdean / Hampnett.  I'll double check the remainder at the weekend and make and final adjustments. as required.

PS Tiger riders are a diverse bunch!  Trying to make sure there is something for everyone. Pillion carrying people, on road, offroad.

Geoff W

Quote from: blacktiger on June 06, 2017, 02:03:32 PM
It seems from trying to download your route that you're using a VERY old NT v9 mapping in Mapsource which is probably why you couldn't open the .gpx file.
Mapsource and Basecamp are two different things. A .gpx file should just open with Mapsource without any need for modification.
Probably  even older than my Ordinance Survey map.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

JayDub

Who else is camping at Bridge House Campsite?  :ear

London_Phil

Quote from: JayDub on June 14, 2017, 03:37:11 PM
Who else is camping at Bridge House Campsite?  :ear

I'm intending to rough it at the campsite

threepot

I'm setting off Fri afternoon. Can't get time off before. A friend is hoping to come on his new 1200Exp. Both camping. Should we book?
Nick,can you provisionally book another two for evening meal please?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

London_Phil

Quote from: threepot on June 14, 2017, 09:05:31 PM
I'm setting off Fri afternoon. Can't get time off before. A friend is hoping to come on his new 1200Exp. Both camping. Should we book?

Oh Hell, do I actually have to commit to doing something......