News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer seat cover

Started by bemusedinsojo, March 31, 2017, 12:11:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bemusedinsojo

My Steamer seat has had many years of use and abuse, from weather to bi-valvular articulation, and it had a series of cracks going length-wise. Though I live in the second driest state in the US, it still rains, and though it lives in a garage, I do most of my riding outdoors, so I don't want to get a wet butt. I needed to recover my seat and being a tightwad I decided to recover it myself. I watched a bunch of YouTube videos and found this one to be the best for what I wanted to do:

I got a 36"x58" piece of vinyl from JoAnn fabrics (they don't sell a square yard, you have to get the length you want and buy whatever the width is). The adhesive spray I bought is from Harbor Freight, and 1/4" staples. Follow the video instructions especially in regards to where the seat rises. Also, it is worth noting that a hand staple gun is a pain to staple through the plastic so have the seat on a solid surface an put your palm on top of the gun, then push down while stapling.

If you want a cleaner look, you will need to fill in foam holes and built up the edges. I didn't do any foam work. I just wanted a cover for now.

JayDub

Good job, a respectable result  :thumbsup

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint