News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Test ride and problem noted...

Started by TigerLady, November 02, 2005, 03:29:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerLady

Hi all...I test rode an 05 last weekend and loved the bike except for a very hard to pull clutch lever.  After a ride of about half an hour, my left hand was in pain!!  I noticed that the rest of the Triumphs on the floor of the dealer were also difficult to pull.  Is this a trait of Triumphs?  This was my very first ride on one.

Also curious....are there any other women Tiger riders out there?  I'm fortunate that I have looong legs and can pretty comfortably balance on the balls of my feet.  I'm looking for a more suitable long distance dual sport than my BMW F650GS.  I end up trailering the bike to Moab a couple of times a year and would rather ride.  Thanks for any feedback.

Patrick the Scot

Quote from: "TigerLady"loved the bike except for a very hard to pull clutch lever.

Also curious....are there any other women Tiger riders out there?  I'm fortunate that I have looong legs and can pretty comfortably balance on the balls of my feet.  I'm looking for a more suitable long distance dual sport than my BMW F650GS.

I thought I heard somewhere in this forum about an adjustable lever or was it a hydraulic clutch? Does anyone recall something like this?

Not sure about any chics that ride Tigers, obviously we could use a few hearty women that are in the Triumph stable.
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS

iansoady

Quote from: TigerLadyHi all...I test rode an 05 last weekend and loved the bike except for a very hard to pull clutch lever.  

Hi Tigerlady. I too found the clutch quite heavy and painful after about 300 miles or so (due partly to mild carpal tunnel syndrome on my part). I did find out that there is a hydraulic system available from

//www.motomerlin.co.uk

these people. However, I also found that making sure the clutch cable had a good clear sweep and giving it a generous lubrication made a significant difference.

Hope we can welcome you to the fold.

Ian

Sorry I can't seem to get the url link to work.....
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

TigerTrax

TigerLady ...

First of all .... try the clutch lever for a KAW ZX10... it's adjustable.

Secondly:

At the annual Tiger Ride-In we've had 4 Tiger ladies attend.... I'm certain you'd feel at home. One rode her 1995 about 1400 miles ONE WAY, another about 900 miles. One about 600 miles; One about 1000 miles.

So ... join the club.

ridergroup@cox.net
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

barjan

In the netherlands (probably a long way from home for you) there's a dealer that makes modifications to the clutch so it operates much lighter.

It's just a kind of extension to the clutch arm on the right side of the bike, so maybe they can send it to you with instructions how to install.

it's called " koppelings hevel kit, 45 euro"

if you mail them, they should be able to respond in english.

In the following link at the bottom of the page, you can see a picture. It also shows the adjustable clutch an brakelevers that are avalable.

http://www.brabantmotors.nl/Nieuws.htm]

good luck