News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Touratech Crash Bars are on.

Started by Stretch, April 05, 2007, 12:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stretch

I ordered them six days ago.  That's got to be a record.  The shipment from Deutschland must have just arrived.

I like them a lot.  Great fit and finish, and the curve of the top tube compliments the contours of the tank.  Not crude-looking at all.

Now that it's in place, I can use it for the foundation for fabricating oil and rad screens, a skid plate, and highway pegs (to ease my 37-inch inseam on long rides).

Happy Camper here!

*Edit* - Sorry, I should have put this in "Accessories".

Advwannabe

Good to see a happy customer Stretch, maybe they've taken note of the rest of us whining about delivery times.

Are you going to fabricate the highway pegs or buy something to fit? Let us know how you go.

I'm looking for a cheaper alternative to the Touratech driving lights for my bars as well.

CHeers
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Stretch

I'll fab something, using factory pegs from a junkyard bike.  I detest the cheesy look of clamp-on accessory pegs...

One thing I'm going to be conscious of is to make the mounts not-so-bombproof, or at least make sure they're tucked out of harm's way.  I don't want the bars or skid plate to take the brunt of a fall because a highway peg or its mount refused to give way.  Better to sacrifice it than the more expensive part it's bolted to.

greg

I too am about to fit highway pegs and agree with your line of thought about not transmitting too much shock in the event of an off. I have just fitted the Touratech off road pegs (took five months to arrive, I forgot I ordered them) and intend to use the redundant OE pegs for this.

I have the Touratech crashbars, there is a V at the bottom of the main tube and a support tube, by fitting a clamp of some kind at this point, the OE pegs can then be somehow bodged on and will fold back inside the crash bar frame when not in use.

In the event of an off off road they will be folded up out of harms way, and if on tarmac the clamp will simply twist out of the way or the pegs will simply fold in.

Mission accomplished.

My theory and I 'm sticking to it.
2004 Girly.