News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Can I join your motorcycle gang?

Started by Milton, June 14, 2009, 06:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milton

Just purchased 1998 Tiger with 43K on the odo and in great shape. I had been wanting a dual sport for a long time and was looking for a Kawa KLR 650 but then I saw a CraigsList for a Tiger and that brought some unused brain cells to the fore and I remembered that Triumph had made a dual sport. Started looking for a Tiger and found this one. I had owned and ridden many Triumphs in my youth so this kind of brings me full circle having had the grand daddy of this bike 30+ years ago; 1973 T150 Trident, loved that bike.

I killed my 1992 BMW K100RS 4V several weeks ago so as I resurrect her I will be riding the Tiger and doing some off road which I haven't done in years ... Whoo Hooo.

As I've always done my own wrenching I will be asking a lot of questions of your collective knowledge and hopefully, as I gain experience with the bike, I can answer some too.

Just can't wipe this grin off my face.

From the front.
1992 BMW K100RS 4V 49K Broken but not dead. She shall arise from the ashes!

1998 Triumph Tiger. This bike rocks!

Mustang

Welcome to the INSANITY of Steamer Ownership
read the stickys in the Steamer forum they will answer a lot of your questions .

Does give one a SFG (stupidfuckingrin) doesn't it ? :D

JetdocX

Pretty red one!  There is no "if" in the statement, you WILL be doing work on this bike. :lol:
From parts unknown.

Sin_Tiger

Every time I see another steamer I go all "gooey" like front forks on original springs.  :hello2  :icon_salut

Come in and get your spanners (wrenches) out  :friday
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nightrunner

Hey welcome!   Yeah they are pretty addictive.  Rather like a dating a hot girl.  High maintenance at times but the saddle time is worth it.  

Ask away on wrenching.  Whatever the problem, someone here has been through it.
Scott

Seeking adventure and peril

aeronca

howdy, nice lookin steamer :)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Mudhen

Nice looking bike!  Where'd you get it?

Wise choice...Steamer over KLR.  Seems like everyone on one of the other forums I follow is getting KLRs - I just don't get it...aren't they around 35hp?

Pat
\'96 Steamer

Milton

Thanks for all the nice reply's.  Picked it up in Castle Rock, CO. $3500.

Milton S.
1992 BMW K100RS 4V 49K Broken but not dead. She shall arise from the ashes!

1998 Triumph Tiger. This bike rocks!