News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Replacement for the stock ignition module?

Started by Colonel Nikolai, October 08, 2009, 07:57:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colonel Nikolai

Anyone blow an ignition module? Can the SPARKER TCIP4 programmable ignition module from Ignitech work with a Steamer? The Gill OEM unit is over $700 from Triumph. This Ignitech thing is around $200. Just askin'.
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

nightrunner

No idea.   The modules on steamers rarely fail so there are not too many posts on it.  Seems like there was a thread on replacing some diodes recently though.  Try a search.
Scott

Seeking adventure and peril

coachgeo

I have two steamers with engines that will be pulled.  Unless this part should stay with the engine I will have them for sale.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

MIMbox

The ECU is not specific to the engine, and it can be swapped from bike to bike, you can also swap ECUs between models, although this will cause some issues with timing/ rev limit etc. It does work, as I have run my '96 with one from another model for a while, whilst trying to find a misfire.
        (Suprise, Suprise, it was coils. Junked them and run TT600s now, better and cheaper)

Colonel Nikolai

According to Ignitech, their TCIP4-Full unit can replace the Steamer existing Gill unit. I posted this in the parts exchange section. Steamer is a 10-pin igniter unit. It's an exact quote from an Ignitech tech.

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/msg,44677#44677

JetdocX

coachgeo will have two ignitor units to sell.  Diesel engines have no need to fire spark plugs.
From parts unknown.

Colonel Nikolai

Thanks JetDocX, if the dealer says the igniter is fried, he's the first one I'll call