News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2010 Western USA Tiger Ride-In and who plans to attend

Started by Jon KB, October 23, 2009, 08:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon KB

Quote from: "jphish"Hey Jon - I assume yellow Tiger operational after it's "escape" from your house? Participants usually dwindle closer to actual event...more food for those that show up. I'll be there Friday eve (what time you leaving for Randle on Friday? - I maybe able to ride up with ya) But have to return Sat afternoon for My 62nd BD. Wifes orders. Want me to bring french bread to go with Italian Spaghetti ? I think ice cream is out. j

Ignition switch was messed with but still works, I don't think he/she/they got it started.

Tiger was found a half a block from home, property owner called the cops to complain that somebody had parked a bike behind his garage.

I'll probably heading out there Tuesday or Wednesday for some early relaxation

(anyone and everyone is encouraged to arrive early if they can)

62 ? I know dirt that is younger!

LOL congrats on making it thus far

French bread would be great

I'm thinking of heading north tomorrow afternoon and doing the hwy 20 route to the Grand Coulee Dam, been about 35 years since my last tour of the area.

Take care
Too many hobbies,
Not enough time
mailto:ttigerfoot@gmail.com\">ttigerfoot@gmail.com

jphish

You must be 'off' this week. Good one for pre holiday madness. Yes - there is lots of potting soil younger than I. I'll head out Fri when I get back from Seatac - about 3ish. See you at the campground around 5ish with French bread in tow.

aeronca

i'll be there on saturday (afternoonish) - i cant get friday night off. let me know if i can bring anything.     eric
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

aeronca

the weather is looking pretty good. looking forward to meeting everyone.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

jphish

Hey Jon - Hope your excellent adventure was without any mishaps. I hit 105* temps in Redding Ca - & got back a day late (450 mi for my wife on her ST was enough for 1 day - but only had 300 more to home?!) but fine other than that. I will be up at Randle around 4PM Fri - bad news is, I have to depart after dinner. Too much to do before I leave Sunday for St Joe. French bread will arrive with me in the exhaust side, side case, to keep it warm. see ya then. TTFN, j

aeronca

Quote from: jphishHey Jon - Hope your excellent adventure was without any mishaps. I hit 105* temps in Redding Ca - & got back a day late (450 mi for my wife on her ST was enough for 1 day - but only had 300 more to home?!) but fine other than that. I will be up at Randle around 4PM Fri - bad news is, I have to depart after dinner. Too much to do before I leave Sunday for St Joe. French bread will arrive with me in the exhaust side, side case, to keep it warm. see ya then. TTFN, j

bummer dude. when you get back we will have to hook up for a beer.

who all is going to be there saturday?????
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

jphish

Aeronca - yeah, appears I may miss you & the Steamer - Darn!  Life just sort of "stacked up" while I wasnt looking. Looks like you may at least have a dry ride going south. I'll catch you down the road - perhaps a western Wa Tigefest ?  Jon should still have some Sat pasta left from Sunday. Ride safe, j

jphish

Jon et al - Thanks for dinner (GREAT Pasta sauce!!) & the fine company. With Hilton's arrival from BC, & Stanly from Oregon, it was a national & international Tiger Fest. Weather predictions are excellent for remainder of weekend. Spied 1 black & 1 yellow Tiger heading east between Morton & Randle - so hopefully they caught up to you all. aeronica supposed to 'fly / ride in today.' Thanks for all your & Kim's organizing - wouldnt have happened without your efforts. Sorry we didnt get to oogle the Rocket - but yellow Jeep is a nice complement to Tigers. Check in when back from St Joe. TTFN, j

b50bsa

I just did a copy/paste....... it's not really plagiarism ;^)
 I had not checked here to see if there was a followup.  Anyway, here are some brief thoughts..... with the first line removed, for those of you who have already read this, and one added that should have been there before.
------------------------------------
I arrived on Thursday morning. After intros, Jon and I headed off to get some firewood. I had a good laugh when Jon showed me how to strap firewood to a bike, I told him I was not riding behind him ;^) I'm not good at the, attach photo stuff, or one would be here.

The Saturday ride (nice blue sky) that I took part in, went to mount Saint Helens via a small winding, summer only road. If you could call a 12' paved path with areas that were sinking toward the valley below, and had great huge sink holes every once in a while, a road. I thought this road/trail, let alone others, was totally worth the $5 I payed to ride up to Saint Helens. Of course, having Jon and Kim as narrators, was a bonus.

I had a good time, met some interesting people. Good camp fire stories. The weather was a bit dismal, but there was a covered area, in case of rain. The camp site had nice clean bathrooms, and was well setup.

The food was great, and some of it unexpected, like Sunday breakfast.

All in all, a well planed out meet. All versions of the Hinkley Tigers were represented.

Thanks given to Jon and Kim, well done!  

I will be back next year!

H

aeronca

hey brother hylton. check out ride reports, kim posted some pic's and video. good meeting you.    eric
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!