News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

sore butt's!!

Started by barbwire44, March 22, 2010, 01:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbwire44

I do have a pair of mountain bike shorts with the padded seating area, and have rode with them on enduro rides, but they are a little too warm and snugly to be comfy while trying to relax on a slabbed cruise.

1030 miles in 22 hours,,,, I wanted to do some long trips,,,but not that long, that is impressive for sure, may have to look into a pair of those myself
2000 Triumph Tiger
KTM 300 XC-W
XR650L  Big Red Pig!

EvilBetty

+1  Plus I think the padding is in the wrong place on a motorcycle seat.  The part of my arse that hurts on a motorcycle doesn't even contact the bike bicycle seat.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

jays58

+1 on the beaded seat cover.  I mail ordered mine from Whitehorse Gear - around $25 - $30.  This is one of the best motorcycle accessories I've ever bought.  My Girly has a Triumph gel seat, which is fair, but with the beads on top, sore butt is never a problem.  I rode to Bike Week this month, (2,000 mile round trip), and the limiting factor for me was the size of my bladder and the stiffness in my knees.  Several tanks of gas I went from fill up to warning light non-stop, (about 200 miles).  

My last bike was a BMW R1150RS with a very nice Rick Mayer saddle and it even benefited from the beads.  I think it's the extra air circulation and even weight distribution that makes it work so well.  

Some people razz me about the look of the beads, but I just remind them that "when my butt's on it, you don't have to look at them."

Try them - I think you'll like them.  It's a low cost solution.
\'02 Tiger 955i
\'01 Sherco 2.0
\'74 Yamaha TY250

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "jays58"Some people razz me about the look of the beads, but I just remind them that "when my butt's on it, you don't have to look at them."

They don't have to look at your butt either  :ImaPoser

I think your comment about air circulation is a fair and the same may well be true for the sheepskins. I wear Draggin Kevlar jeans and itchy & scratchy is the limiting factor rather than soreness, if I wear my mesh riding pants over light trousers it's not a problem even though the riding pants have a butt impact pad in them.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

brad1098

What worked for me- Sheepskin, Raised seat, Risers, Miles in the saddle.  Every adjustment changes riding position.

For the passenger, try a Triumph top box if you don't have one.  A great backrest for the passenger, that can make all the difference in the world.
02 black-Lorna

zombie

Gel seat
and sheepskin buttpad
works wonders
done a couple of 1000 milers with that combo and no probs

barbwire44

I have the triumph top box, back rest. Just watchin the classifieds and fleabay waiting for something to pop up. Did install my triumph touring windshield last night, and it was a nice improvement over the stock one!!
2000 Triumph Tiger
KTM 300 XC-W
XR650L  Big Red Pig!

pizzaman383

I used an air-hawk seat pad for a few years but it didn't solve my butt pain issue.  I just got my shiny, new Russell Day-Long saddle.  Problem solved!  It's such a positive change I can't believe it.  I saved up the money for quite a while and I'm glad I did!
PizzaMan383
Black 2004 Tiger

Author: Passionate About Pizza Cookbook

mariowink

Quote from: "EvilBetty"
Quote from: "AndyM"I never thoughht what I wear under my stich was that important. And then I bought a pair of ldcomfort tights  :D

https://ldcomfort.com/store/

Those help?  Or do you just like wearing Ladies Riding Tights?   :?

:ImaPoser

Please allow me to jump in and tell you the LDComfort really do work. Many riders do over 1000 miles a day wearing them. Do not think the are "the same" as other garments. This one will keep your skin dry even when the fabric is wringing wet. See this video. http://www.ldcomfort.com/productdescrip ... #fabricvid

I want you to enjoy EVERY mile.    Mario
LDComfort.com
Because comfort counts for EVERY mile.

JasonS

Quote from: "mariowink"Please allow me to jump in and tell you the LDComfort really do work. Many riders do over 1000 miles a day wearing them. Do not think the are "the same" as other garments. This one will keep your skin dry even when the fabric is wringing wet. See this video. http://www.ldcomfort.com/productdescrip ... #fabricvid

I want you to enjoy EVERY mile.    Mario

+1  I have a pair of long underwear performance clothing. The lower is the discontinued elastic above knee version from LD, and is awesome for all day comfort for entire lower torso and extremities. I also have a long sleeve top keeps me warmer when it is cold and cooler when it is hot. This all adds up to less fatigue... and that F word comes from many small but consistent forces, like sound and vibration and light, not to mention the need to concentrate for hours on end while riding.  I wear earplugs not only to protect my hearing, but to decrease my fatigue. I use a internal flip down sun shield for to ease the burden on my eyes.... bar risers and lowered pegs and the Corbin make for a more relaxed/natural riding position... and the Stitch and good gloves etc etc... it all adds up... then there is the goldwing...
\'tweachisown

Photo Journal of my 2009 Texas Trip Being Written Here
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... 48daf95d7c

Sin_Tiger

Thanks for the LDC tip, I think I might give them a try  :thumbsup
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

barbwire44

Well I did get ahold of a gel seat, it will be here monday, that and a new cee bailey windshield after I just picked one up last week..LOL!! oh well could always use a spare, but I am excited to try the new seat!, then I'll be hunting either beads or sheepskin.
2000 Triumph Tiger
KTM 300 XC-W
XR650L  Big Red Pig!

EvilBetty

YOU'RE THE ONE!  :x

I had the deal sealed on Wednesday night with that guy.  He agreed to mail the screen and seat to me, and was getting shipping estimates on the cases.

Then a few minutes ago I get an email from him that he sold them local to a cash and carry!   (but he shipped them after all?)

I'm obviously not mad at you, good deal especially for a local deal.

Please think of me if you change your mind on either.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

barbwire44

Evil, I am sorry, I talked to him a few days ago and he said he didn't want to ship them. Then he looked up my email address and found out where I worked,,,I work for a company that sends products to a company he deals with, so I can cut out a middle man for future purchases for him,,,,,,, I will let you know If i decide to move the items.
Ya it was a smoking good deal, I wished he had an exhaust, I would have been all over that!!
2000 Triumph Tiger
KTM 300 XC-W
XR650L  Big Red Pig!

ridin gaijin

Quote from: "jays58"+1 on the beaded seat cover.  [...]

Try them - I think you'll like them.  It's a low cost solution.

Ditto. I got mine from beadrider.com. Contact them, they're very friendly and will send you the right size for the Tiger. I've used mine on road trips lasting thousands of miles, on road and off, and--combined with being in good shape and remembering to get off the friggin' thing and stretch--it's awesome. The only time NOT to use it is when it's cold. Then you will be ventilated in places you don't want to be ventilated in.

I choose to get a beaded seat cover for about $35 before laying out the hundreds of bucks I might have paid for a seat that may or may not have solved my problem. YMMV though.
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...