News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

sore butt's!!

Started by barbwire44, March 22, 2010, 01:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilBetty

No worries... Like I said you're not the one I have a beef with.   :wink:

I appreciate the consideration.  I've been looking for a way to "try" the Gel seat and that screen for a long time.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

Bixxer Bob

For what it's worth, I didn't get on with my gel seat, but managed to sell it for more than I paid (how often does that happen)?

I found it very hard in winter, even after my butt had warmed it - although I'm not over blessed in that area.  Also, they hold the heat a very very long time if you leave them in the sun during the summer.  And I mean ass-burning warm!!!
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

macgart

I've been on the road for about two weeks now, riding nearly every day.  I had my seat modified by Spencer Motocare.  My only complaint is that my left knee gets stiff after a couple hundred miles.  My butt does fine.  Longest day so far was 500 miles.  I do wear bike shorts under my ride gear.

I'm holed up now in Phoenix dealing with some family issues and waiting for a new chain/spocket set.

I was OK with the stock seat but the Spencer mod really helps with the contour and eliminating the sliding forward feeling.  Pretty good for $75.
99 Tiger "Goldie"
The more I ride it, the more I love it!
http://www.johnnymacmotoadventures.com/

EvilBetty

It did definitely fix that sliding feeling.

Brooks Short

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned a Russell Day Long seat.  I too tried a gel seat but found that it sucked up heat in the summer and was hard and cold in the winter.

I've had Corbins, Rick Mayers and Sargent seats on previous bikes and none of them were as comfortable as the Russell I now have on my 2006 Tiger.  Of all of those, the Corbin was the most uncomfortable with the poorest fit and finish and the worse fit to the bike.
One Less Car

pizzaman383

Quote from: "Brooks Short"I'm surprised nobody has mentioned a Russell Day Long seat.  I too tried a gel seat but found that it sucked up heat in the summer and was hard and cold in the winter.

I've had Corbins, Rick Mayers and Sargent seats on previous bikes and none of them was as comfortable as the Russell I now have on my 2006 Tiger.  Of all of those, the Corbin was the most uncomfortable with the poorest fit and finish and the worse fit to the bike.

I got my Russell Day Long last week.  I've ridden 300 miles since and it's been the most comfortable ride I've ever had.  Expensive but worth it, I think.
PizzaMan383
Black 2004 Tiger

Author: Passionate About Pizza Cookbook

Brooks Short

Quote from: "pizzaman383"I got my Russell Day Long last week.  I've ridden 300 miles since and it's been the most comfortable ride I've ever had.  Expensive but worth it, I think.

When I bought my Russell a year ago, I had them do just the front seat. The cost was $400 including shipping which is cheaper than other custom seats that I've bought in the past.  The spring suspension system in the seat offers great support and the comfort to make my Tiger a true touring bike.
One Less Car

EvilBetty

Wow... any more pics?

Brooks Short

Quote from: "EvilBetty"Wow... any more pics?

Here's a side view.
One Less Car

EvilBetty

Man that does look nice...  Doesn't look like it belongs on a dual sport, definitely belongs on a tourer, which is how I use mine :)

Brooks Short

Quote from: "EvilBetty"Man that does look nice...  Doesn't look like it belongs on a dual sport, definitely belongs on a tourer, which is how I use mine :)

I've always thought of my Tiger as more of a back road touring bike than a dual sport.

The downside to a Russell is that it's a taller seat than a stock or gel seat by about one inch.  Here's a comparison between the Russell and Triumph gel seats.

I have a 32" inseam and I can easily flat foot the Triumph seat in the low position but I can only get one foot flat with the Russell. Took me a week or two to feel comfortable with one foot flat on the ground and the other on the ball of my foor.  Now I don't even notice it.
One Less Car

macgart

That looks like it is worth $400.  The Corbin doesn't impress me either.  Way too hard.

Spencer is a great budget alternative, but the Russell is the bees knees.
99 Tiger "Goldie"
The more I ride it, the more I love it!
http://www.johnnymacmotoadventures.com/

moose

Brooks,

That looks great!!!

Do they build on top of your original seat pan or build one up from scratch for that?  Either way it looks great.  I've been looking for a replacement seat for a while now and I think I've just fell in love at first site   8)

Rob

Brooks Short

Rob,

They build on your original seat pan. Here's a link to their site.
http://www.day-long.com/
They'll scheduel a build date for you and notify you when that is and then you send in your seat and they take about 2 weeks in-house before they return it.
One Less Car

moose

Thanks Brooks,

I work on the cruise ship Grandeur of the Seas that docks near the Florida Aquarium, Tampa, close to Channel Side Im here until May 3rd, obviously my bike is at home on the other side of the pond and I dont get a lot of time.  

But........  :D

What are the chances you live close to there or passing by there in the near future, I would love to see in real life.

Rob.