News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

sore butt's!!

Started by barbwire44, March 22, 2010, 01:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbwire44

ok, well this past weekend I put some miles on my tiger-2up, and me and my passenger had sore rears......whats the best way to fix this with out spending a fortune? Don't really wanna buy a 300 dollar seat right now. After an hour in the saddle I could feel it, by the 2nd hour I was getting uncomftorable.
I welcome any and all suggestions.
2000 Triumph Tiger
KTM 300 XC-W
XR650L  Big Red Pig!

ArcticTiger

You have to excercise, do more riding, and more often! :D  so your stiff, old body gets used to it! And take a break every hour or so to stretch out.
Some adjustments of the bike can help, eg. handlebar up/down, lower footpegs, sheepskin on the seat.
-09 Triumph Tiger 1050 blazing orange
-98 Triumph Tiger 900 british racing green
-06 Ducati Multistrada 1000 S DS red
-99 Moto Guzzi EV 11 Cali. (Wi, USA)
-00 Yamaha TT600R
You are allowed to have only one wife, but you can ride as many bikes as you want...

barbwire44

arctic, No sore back, or stiffness anywhere, just a sore butt..LOL!!! I am in good shape, and do exercise, pretty much just think the seat is un-comftorable, maybe it is too soft, or just not shaped to match me?? I don't know.
2000 Triumph Tiger
KTM 300 XC-W
XR650L  Big Red Pig!

cbxtc6

JasonS

Get some spandex bicycle shorts with chamois linings, as a first step. sitting on your ass all day cuts off circulation to the assle area. Moisture builds in this area creating discomfort. Airflow helps wick away moisture as do the bike shorts. Get you weight off your ass every 45-60 minutes. On solo trips I stand while riding.

The beauty of the aftermarket seat is the spreading of the weight over more area.. soft seats at the dealer, while promising a comfy rides are not good... so while the Corbin etc seats feel hard they ride better....

good luck
\'tweachisown

Photo Journal of my 2009 Texas Trip Being Written Here
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... 48daf95d7c

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "barbwire44"ok, well this past weekend I put some miles on my tiger-2up, and me and my passenger had sore rears......whats the best way to fix this with out spending a fortune?

Single beds???

Hat   -  coat  --  gone.....  
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

barbwire44

sheepskin pads, now I looked and see plain sheepskin, then I see sheepskin with gel, which one would be better, and does anyone make them that will fit the tiger driver and passenger seats??
thanks!
2000 Triumph Tiger
KTM 300 XC-W
XR650L  Big Red Pig!

AndyM

Quote from: "barbwire44"sheepskin pads, now I looked and see plain sheepskin, then I see sheepskin with gel, which one would be better, and does anyone make them that will fit the tiger driver and passenger seats??
thanks!

alaskanleather.com

or try a beaded seat cushion. I think I picked up one from cyclegadjets. And keep in mind there is no magical fix. You get used to long rides by riding long rides.

Geoff D

I had a Corbin seat on my Transalp & Africa Twin for the same reason, but
never needed one on my Girly, the seat fits me perfect... funny tho' the bloke who bought the Africa twin had to change the seat back.
We're all different methinks...

lol @ Bob
The older I get the faster I was...

Geoff D

I also wear cycling shorts on long journeys....
The older I get the faster I was...

chairhead

Quote from: "barbwire44"ok, well this past weekend I put some miles on my tiger-2up, and me and my passenger had sore rears......whats the best way to fix this with out spending a fortune? Don't really wanna buy a 300 dollar seat right now. After an hour in the saddle I could feel it, by the 2nd hour I was getting uncomftorable.
Im the same as you,i think the tiger seat is the most uncomfortable bike seat ive had,after an hour i want to get off and im in agony,a sheepskin helped alot,i find it keeps you warm in the winter and cool in the summer plus it makes a great pillow when camping,but i had the chance of a cheap Corbin and went for it,that said ive yet to try it as the bike is in for repair,you could try the Triumph Gel seat,they sometimes come up on Ebay,i was going down the route of buying a gel pad and fitting it in the seat myself but along came corbin,good luck and i hope it doesnt spoil your ride too much.
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

EvilBetty

I have a stock seat modified by Spencer, along with an alaskaleather butt pad.  I still get sore if riding more than 45 minutes or so.

I don't have many long trips completed yet maybe my arse needs more conditioning :)

I've been working out 6 days a week since Christmas, and have lost about 35lbs and it hasn't made a huge difference either so far.

I wish Corbin had a rental program so I could try it out :)
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

barbwire44

I'm hopint to figure something out, I had big dreams of far away rides, but right now I don't wish to travel much past the county line. And the wife is not to happy about her seating selection either,,,, So I pretty much have to figure something out. I'm gonna get some measurements on the seat tonight and maybe go the sheepskin route, or buy a cheap used seat and see about adding a gel pad to it myself and recovering it. Maybe even retrofit a goldwing seat!!!
2000 Triumph Tiger
KTM 300 XC-W
XR650L  Big Red Pig!

ArcticTiger

My experience is that not only the seat, but hand, elbow, hip and knee angels are very important for overall riding comfort. Too tight, and even an hour in the saddle is too long.
I am tall and long-legged, and the footpegs on my -98 was way too high up, compared to the seat. Giving a very tight hip and knee angle.
If your knees are too high up, you end up sitting (wiggling) on your ass-bones, and a very small area of the ass is getting support from the seat. You will be "unstable" on the bike too.
I needed to get my feet lower, and have now mounted a set of "Mustang" lowering footpegs. Havent riden  (its still heavy snow and winter here) with them yet, but just sitting on the bike feels more natural now.
-09 Triumph Tiger 1050 blazing orange
-98 Triumph Tiger 900 british racing green
-06 Ducati Multistrada 1000 S DS red
-99 Moto Guzzi EV 11 Cali. (Wi, USA)
-00 Yamaha TT600R
You are allowed to have only one wife, but you can ride as many bikes as you want...

barbwire44

ya, I'm sure alot of it has to do with body specifics, i'm oddly built as well at 6-2" with a 32" inseam, I may try the seat on the highest position and see what happens.
2000 Triumph Tiger
KTM 300 XC-W
XR650L  Big Red Pig!