News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Sprint 900 fork on Tigger?

Started by MtheTiger, July 09, 2010, 01:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MtheTiger

I can get the following for a good price:
- whole front assembly of a 900 Sprint. So that's the fork with calipers, front wheel with new tyre (Roadsmart) and including discs af course. However the discs have only 4.2 mm of thickness left.
- rear wheel with new tyre (Roadsmart), disc & chain & sprockets

Mustang has done a mod with these wheels on Tigger 2 which looks very nice. Is it also possible to transplant the whole fork to Tigger and what's the easiest way to do this...?  This would make the mod a lot easier....i.e. not having to make spacers and the tachometer mod. Could be that the fork is too short.

What's the minimum safe thickness of the front discs anyone ?

thx a lot.
-Only dead fish go with the flow-

97 Caspian blue

Mustang

the forks will be too short for the tigger .........but  , you can use the sprint triples and that will spread the fork legs open to allow the use of the sprint wheel and speedo sender without having to modify .
YOU WILL have to make spacers for the axle though on the left side as well as a bush for the speedo sender (assuming that the sprint axle is the same as a trophy , which I believe they are ) as the tiger uses a smaller diameter axle
You will need some spacers for the fender (mud guard)mounts also .

MtheTiger

thx Stang for the very fast reply as always 8)
So the fork legs of Tigger & sprint have the same diameter ?
Then I would still need to have the brackets for the calipers, mudguard & your "Tigger 2" custom made legsupport...
Perhaps the way you executed your mod is the easiest after all....
Do you fabricate your homemade bushes & brackets in series like the valve shim tool? :wink:
-Only dead fish go with the flow-

97 Caspian blue

Mustang

the fork brace (leg support ) is not necessary , but yes you would need caliper brackets  and wheel spacers .and you have to custom machine a sprint or trophy speedo drive if you want to use your tigger speedometer ...... no I don't make a "kit" for swapping wheels , front ends .......best to find someone local who can do it for you